Lock Some Players Up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

We have a few notable Titans whose contracts run out at the end of this season. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are:

Cortland Finnegan - must keep
    Michael Griffin - keeper (we could do much worse)
    Jason Jones - keeper (solid starter)
    Barrett Ruud - let him walk
    Jack Scott - let him walk
    Craig Stevens - keeper for cheap
    Jordan Babineaux - keeper (2 year deal)
    Fernando Velasco - keeper, wonderful backup, eventual starter in my mind
    Ahmad Hall - keeper not a major concern if we lose him though
    Lavelle Hawkins - keep only for minimum
    William Hayes - let him walk
    Dave Ball - let him walk
    Chris Hope - GONER

What do you guys think we do? Give your opinions on who you think we should keep too.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Amano needs to be locked up.

It's criminal what he's been doing on the field. :)

• High Five High Five x 9
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Finnegan - Must keep, lets get a deal done now. Finnegan is my favorite player, even when he left camp and a ton of people on GoTitans started hating him, I still loved him. He's the captain on our defense, and a leader in the locker room. He's only 27, and has shown this year he's a great CB. Let's lock this guy up for another 5 years.

Michael Griffin - Keeper. We already have a hole at SS, we can't afford one at FS as well. He does make some bonehead plays at times, but also makes some great plays as well.

Jason Jones - Keeper, but is replacable. I'd love to keep JJ, and we need to keep him. My guess is Ball and Hayes are likely to not be re-signed. Leaving little depth at DE, however I think Klug could fill-in JJs role. I'd still like us to re-sign him though.

Barrett Ruud - ?, Ruud is a nice player. But our staff and FO seems to be very excited on McCarthy. I think McCarthy will be our starter next year and Ruud will not be resigned. Ruud is a very solid and smart player, and a wise vet... but McCarthy is a young gun looking for a shot.

Jake Scott - Keeper. Our OL already has problems at LG and C, we can't afford another blow.

Craig Stevens - keeper for cheap, if not Graham can replace.
    Ahmad Hall - (well see how the running game does this week with him back)
    Lavelle Hawkins - let him walk, unless he prooves something THIS year.
    William Hayes - keeper but only for cheap, easily replaced.
    Dave Ball - let him walk, solid player, but old and easily replaced.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Cortland Finnegan -keep
    Michael Griffin - keep
    Jason Jones - keep
    Barrett Ruud - keep
    Lavelle Hawkins -keep
    Craig Stevens - keep

Ahmad Hall - (well see how the running game does this week with him back)

William Hayes - let him walk
    Dave Ball - let him walk

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Cortland Finnegan - Depends on what contract he agrees. If he'd take a Cromartie like contract (3-4 years 32-40 million) I'd love him to stay.

Michael Griffin - It depends on if he plays to full season strong. Griffen's biggest knock is he is inconsistent. If we get this level of play for the rest of the season I'm okay with resigning him. We may need to franchise him.

Jason Jones - keeper.

Barrett Ruud - Let him go. We need to find a long term solution for MLB and I don't think Ruud is it.

Craig Stevens - keeper. I like Stevens and I doubt he'll demand a huge contract.

Ahmad Hall - I'd like to see a better receiver in the back field. The league is moving towards big Halfbacks that can block and receive. Let him walk

Lavelle Hawkins - let him walk

William Hayes - keeper but only for cheap

Dave Ball - Keeper (depending on if Jones and Morgan can stay healthy. If they can we can let Ball go.)

Jordan Babineux - Keeper for a decent contract (Babs is balling right now. His best season is 104 tacks 2ints 6pdef. This is the only season he started all 16 games. Even if he can only mange 80-90 tackles 4ints 6pdef he would still be a solid SS. If Griffin can continue to play well he is our game changer so we only need a solid safety to play next to him. A contract like 4 years 15 million with low guarantees would perfect and I'd think he'd sign it.)

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I think Cort gets a decent contract along with Griff, Stevens, Hall. Jones isnt going anywhere, he will get a big contract. As for the rest, they will have to take small deals to stick.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Michael Griffin can leave and we wouldn't miss him, in my opinion.

8. Carp

Carp Starter

Finnegan, Griffin, Jones, and 1 of Hayes/Ball are definite keepers. The rest are replaceable, but I could see keeping 1 or 2 from the others and replacing the rest with in-house talent, free agency, and the draft.

9. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Is Babineux a free agent next year? If so then definitely lock him up. Maybe a 2 year deal til we find our future SS.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Cortland Finnegan - keeper
    Michael Griffin - let him walk
    Jason Jones - let him walk
    Barrett Ruud - keep
    Jack Scott - keep
    Craig Stevens - keeper
    Ahmad Hall - let him walk...FB's dime a dozen
    Lavelle Hawkins - let him walk
    William Hayes - unsure right now
    Dave Ball - keep until you get something better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar