Little Mel Kipers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PAtitansfan53, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Be Mel Kiper for a second and make your own Titans 7 round mock draft. It's never too early for some mock drafts.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

1. rogers-cromartie CB TSU
    2. trevor laws DT notre dame
    3. cliff avril DE purdue
    4. dexter jackson WR app state
    5. drew radovich G USC
    6. gary guyton OLB GT
    7. jonathan wilhite CB auburn

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

One offensive playmaker, and he's a big if, in the whole draft?

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

A lot of people on the DRC train....IDK if I'm totally convinced by him yet but he is growing on me.

Mine would look like this as our team is now.

1. Fred Davis TE USC
    2. Devin Thomas WR Michigan St.
    3. Trae Williams CB South Florida
    4. Drew Radovich G USC
    5. Justin Forsett RB California
    6. Ben Moffitt MLB South Florida
    7. Kevin Robinson WR Utah St.

5. Fry

im assuming we bring in crumpler and berrian....probably should have mentioned that in my post.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

1.) Chris Johnson RB/WR/KR ECU - Jeff and the FO fall in love with his speed and playmaking ability, not to mention he can fill 3 different holes. With Sweed gone and DeSean still on the board they may consider him as well. May be a reach here, but they know he won't be around at our 2nd pick.

2.) Earl Bennett WR Vandy - I would like Manningham here but I don't think he falls this far, Bennett may not either, but we may be getting the best all around receiver in the draft here. Great value.

3.) Red Bryant DT Texas A&M - Enormous, physical guy. Would mix in well with Brown.

4.) Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech - A little undersized, but has a lot of speed to work with.

5.) Justin King CB Penn State - He's fast and athletic, but very raw at this point. A solid pickup here.

7.) Kerry Brown OG Appalachian State - Good size, but a little raw. A project with all the tools, could be molded into a fine Guard with a little time.

7. Fry

i would become physically ill

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah Chris Johnson round 1 is scary to me.

My Mock assuming we get Berrian and Crumpler:

1. Aqib Talib CB Kansas - WR and TE are no longer top priority with our FA. We take the best CB available and a very good one with size, speed, playmaking ability, and above avg. tackling.

2. Devin Thomas WR Michigan St. - Big, fast, productive, and hands what else can you ask for....completes our WR overhaul.

3. Roy Schuening G Oregon St. - Not the most athletic but he is tenacious and a hard worker.....I'm hoping Chilo Rachel falls though.

4. Steve Justice C Wake Forest - Mawae has one more year, Harris is a versatile backup.

5. Justin Forsett RB California - Will do exactly what CJ would do just 4 rounds later, also a better inside runner.

6. Louis Holmes DE Arizona - All potential as of now but has a big frame 6'6 270-280 lbs. and is very athletic but will it translate if Wash gets at him?

7. Kevin Robinson WR Utah St. - Not a burner but still a very good returner because of quickness and vision, probably a slot guy at best other than a returner.

9. Tull

Tull Starter

1. Ouinton Groves DE
    2. Devin Thomas WR/KR
    3. Jacob Tamme TE
    4. Justin Forsett RB
    5. Nate McManus G
    7. Thomas Williams LB

10. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

edit: It seems kinda cool that on the newest nfldraftcountdown draft, they have the Titans picking DeSean Jackson Wouldn't that be something? I doubt it happens though. Despite his tiny size, I think someone picks him long before us.

1. Chris Johnson RB/KR | ECU - We need speed, and the people who I think we want won't last... Buzz around combine is that we like him. I've seen some clips, and wow... What I like is that even though he avoids contact, when he does make contact, he doesn't stop his feet. We need a KR, and someone who can catch and stretch the field, along with someone who can change the pace of the game after LenDale comes out.

2. Earl Bennett WR | Vandy - I wish he didn't come out this year, he prolly would have been a 1st rd. pick in 2009. He has great hands, and runs his routes well.

3. Antoine Cason CB | Arizona - From the 1 game I saw of him, he looked really agressive, and good technique when he jammed the reciever, along with his backpeddling. I saw on NFL.com that his combine 40 wasn't all that great. That being said, I think he would be good here, and could contribute in the nickel package.

4. Jonathan Goff MLB (or ILB, however you look at it) | Vandy - This guy is good. He was one of the only bright spots for the defense. He is a cerebral linebacker, and doesn't tend to make too many mistakes. I've seen him blow up RBs when running up the middle.

5. Wallace Gilberry DE | Alabama This guy was spectacular last year. Whenever I saw him on the field, he never stopped in pursuit. He seemed to be really good off the line. I hope we sign Odom, and expect if we don't we will sign a FA who will hopefully make up the production, rather than draft say, Chris Ellis earlier on in the draft. That being said, I think Gilberry could possibly contribute for us.

6. Traded to Seahawks for Bryce Fisher.

7. Derek Lokey DT | Texas - I don't think it matters who we draft here, they aren't really expected to contribute, but we always hope this person is a gem. That said, it wouldn't be a draft without drafting a Texas player. :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar