Lito sheppard please..!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's freaking non-sense. In that song there isn't a single instance of genuine irony. There's nothing ironic about being stuck in a traffic jam when you're late for something. Unless you're a town planner. If you were a town planner and you were on your way to a seminar of town planners at which you were giving a talk on how you solved the problem of traffic congestion in your area, couldn't get to it because you were stuck in a traffic jam, that'd be well ironic. Rain on your wedding day is ironic only if marrying a weatherman and he set the date. A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break, that's inconsiderate office management. A no-smoking sign in a cigarette factory - irony. Ten thousand spoons? How big is your sink, Alanis? What do you need this knife for - to stab the bloke who keeps leaving spoons all over your house?http://www.edbyrne.com/

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Bipolar is right. The examples given above, rain on your wedding day, etc. are not technically irony. They are to general so there is no clear irony. Bipolar gives some good examples here.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You guys are going way too deep in to this.

Its so ironic.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

RT, your ten million idea could be given as a signing bonus, and the Titans could just choose to take the entire hit this season. Under the CBA, you're allowed to pro-rate signing bonuses, but you don't have to. Teams just usually don't want to.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I think the question is, can we afford him? With Stewart, Al and Scaife missing long-term contracts and people screaming for a decent WR...
    I don't know what our current cap status is, but I think it's not as good as most of you think.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Smash, i think with the drafting of stevens we can be assured that sciafe will not be with us after this season.

The total average cap hit per year for albert-roos-sheppard-stewart will be about $27M a year or 25% of the cap and if structured right can be spread out so as not to over burden the cap. I'm looking at a $8M deal for albert, $6M for stewart and about $6M for sheppard and roos has a $7M deal.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Psychop, sheppard may want $10M but he isn't getting it coming off a down year and already having a contract that runs through 2011.

Based on my plan his average per year compensation would be $6.8M with 37% coming up front. Not exactly chump change and still might put him among the top 10 CBs in average annual compensation..

8. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

i would cry with joy and happiness for days if lito made his way here. i would buy his fathead poster and chest bump it every morning and every night to better my excellence

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what?

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Best post ever. It's like poorly translated Japanese or something.

Anyhow, I like Lito and think he'd be a definite upgrade, but I don't find the position enough of a pressing need to address. People really that down on Harper? Or just the depth? In any event, it'd be nice but I won't be sad if it doesn't happen.

Jags are eying him, btw. The concept of Vince throwing against Lito twice a year really scares me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar