Listening to John McClain on 104.5...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWrath, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

He was telling stories from the past. Best trade, worst trade, etc.

One story I found crazy was the 1983 draft. Apparently, we won a game (our only win in a strike shortened season) because of a bad call on a fumble. We ended up in a tie for the #1 pick with Baltimore.

John Elway refused to play for Balt, so Balt traded him to Denver. McClain says that Elway later told him he would have played for Houston.

So if we hadn't gotten the benefit of a bad call... Elway would have been an Oiler. :eek:

Of course, that would mean they would have never moved here, but still pretty crazy.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Moon was better than Elway.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

You do realize Elway has 2 rings. How many does Warren have again?

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Eli Manning also has 2 rings. How many does Marino have again?

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Young54

Young54 Starter

... Die Hard??

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

That is crazy. And I'm glad it happened the way it did!

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Well if I was a Bronco fan I would say that Elway was better but I'm not so F*** him and the Broncos.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

gotta love story time with uncle john

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Elway is one of the most overrated QBs of all time... Right there with Favre and Bradshaw. I know QB rating doesn't mean as much as wins, but Billy Volek has a higher QB rating than Elway.

79.9 - that's his QB rating. That sucks. The one thing about Elway was he was clutch and won games. He handled pressure well.

This may just be me, but I wouldn't even put him in the top 10 QBs of all time.

Also, am I the only one who thought John Elway was close to 70 years old?! He's only 51?!?!?! WTF.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

He looks 70 lol.

But I disagree about Favre being overrated, just went on for too long. I think, if a QB played a good portion of his career OVER 10 years ago, it is really unfair to look at their ratings. The game has changed so much in the last 10 years it would be hard to tell what they could do today. I doubt if the top 5 passers today would have near the numbers they have if they played then. Just a different time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar