Listen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Xplayer52, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I'm so tired of you all just giving up on vince young so quick! Yea you can throw some stats at me but i don't care!

Here is what I thought about the game....

1. I don't believe Chow is using Young the right way! Vince makes plays outta the shot gun but for some reason we just don't run the gun as much as we need to!

2. all great QB's have some great WR's RB's or TE's around them what does young have?

3. Plus he doesn't look loose, I don't know why but he just doesn't! We have to work the offense around him and as of right now were NO where close!

Vince told the fans we would make the playoffs and what happen we made them!

I just hope of the 08 season Tennessee just puts some playmakers around him! We need a game breaking WR and a very solid TE. As soon as we get that then are offense is gonna be great! Lendale is going to be a good one but with a solid wr and te running lanes will open up!

As far as the D goes I think we'll be just fine if pac comes back to the team! I mean just think about it, Secondary court, pac, mike and hope!!! Plus are front 7 is one of the best in football! We really need to work on the offense in the off season!

2. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Finally...somebody with some coherent sense using logic!

3. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I just get tired of these fools acting like this! I mean Gage was a nice lil pick up but can anyone and I mean anyone NAME one game breaker on the offense? It's a team sport, not just vince! FO needs to get the tools to help out vince!!!!

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

if they aren't going to let vince run then they shouldn't have drafted him. if he's not running because of the leg injury then ok.

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Titans got caught up in his Rose Bowl performance, all the hype. Too bad option QBs in college can't make it in the pros.

6. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Some years ago, there was a commercial where two guys are driving a Corvette 5 mph in a parade. One guy says to the other, "This is so wrong."

I was reminded of that commercial every time I watched the Titans play this year. Now granted, I don't know everything that goes on in the boardrooms or on the sidelines and I doubt that many of us really do. But it looks to me like Norm Chow has Vince Young on such a short leash that he's choking off any chances for success for the Titans.

Granted, Mike Reinfeldt didn't do the Tennessee offense any favors last off season - and that may be part of the problem - but would it kill the Titans to go deep every now and then?

It's painful to such a snail's-pace offense and it's even more painful to watch such a gifted athlete spend three hours either handing off the ball or throwing seven yard outs.

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I get tired of fans that cant' see that it wouldn't matter who we had at receiver. Young can't throw a deep ball, he's has horrible accuracy, and can't identify or decyfer the most elementary of defense's... he's a one trick pony that scored a 6 on his Wonderlic test. If we had a Owens, Moss or Johnson at receiver, we would have side-line drama because they wouldn't put up with and get tired of Youngs hack job.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Decipher homie...

9. Vince isn't a great QB now. But he also just finished his 2nd season after leaving school early and has little talent around him. Lots of QBs who ended up being great had poor or average stats in their first couple of seasons.

It's way to early to make any final judgments, either way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar