List your three biggest mistakes with the 8th pick.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

True.

My definition of a bust may be different as others' as well. I consider AJ Hawk a bust, but a lot of people think he's really good. He's good, but not that good.

I'm not, by any means, saying that Miller will be a Vernon Gholston type, but more along the lines of AJ Hawk (who was not worth a top 5 pick, at all).

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Sorry, bro. Not my intention. I found it somewhat relevant and honestly thought that's what the thread was about...draft mistakes at #8. Haha.

3. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Cam newton, Cam Newton and Cam Newton...

As far as players the Titans' should seriously consider with the number 8 pick...Robert Quinn, Aldon Smith or Prince Amukamara...not necessarily in that order. If we're smart and get one of those players in the first, followed by Dalton, Ponder or Stanzi in the second...the rest is gravy. They could roll the dice on Stanzi in the third.

One player that is overrated...Colin Kaepernick.

4. 24

24 Starter

I think he'll be a bust if he gets drafted into a 3-4. He'll be solid, like Bulluck, if he's drafted into a 4-3. He's naturally athletic, but he doesn't have the size for the 3-4.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I agree. And we all know that we need a leader to fill that huge hole KB left. Miller fits the bill, I just can't see him sliding to #8 though.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

24, are you saying...

Von Miller will be better in the 4-3 than in the 3-4?

7. 24

24 Starter

It sounds counterintuitive, but yeah. I'm skeptical of how fast he'll still be when he has to add 20 pounds. And, if he doesn't add 20 pounds, then he'll be manhandled by the OTs. He already has the size/athleticism to play in the 4-3, he just has to develop the aggressiveness.

This was the common perception before Miller's combine, at the Senior Bowl.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree with you. Some people say he's a Clay Matthews type of player, but I don't see it. I think Clay was just as athletic, stronger, and has a hell of supporting cast (and a great DC). I think in the right 4-3 system, Von could be amazing.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Miller played in a 4-3 in the Senior Bowl and did great. Not sure where all the "he can't play in a 4-3" is coming from. Just because he had a lot of sacks in a 3-4 doesn't mean rushing the passer is all he can do. A 4-3 might even be better for him, since as someone pointed out, he won't have to be getting through the huge O-linemen to get a sack on every play.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He would be a waste in a 4-3. Sure, pass rushing is not all he can do, but it is what he is best at. Putting him in the traditional 4-3 takes him out of the blitzing game most of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar