List your 5 top Free Agents here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

"King for a day" scenario. With AH off the block, who are your top 5 priorities in Free Agency.

Here is a list of all available Free Agents (note some are out-of-date).

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa

My top 5

1. Igor Olshansky (DT) - Has been a DE in the Chargers 3-4 but would slip inside for us. Excellent run defender with enough quickness to be disruptive in the passing game as well. Much better value than Canty IMHO.

2. Michael Jenkins (WR) - My favorite 2 available receivers are Demetrius Williams and Lance Moore, but both got 2nd round tenders as RFA, meaning we would forfeit our 2nd round pick if we signed either of them. I still think that's a possibility, but I also think Jenkins is an upgrade over anyone else on our roster and won't command TJ money.

3. Vincent Fuller (S/CB) - If we don't have AH and teams have an extra half second to get rid of the ball, we better keep depth in the secondary. Good Special Teamer as well.

4. Brandon Jones (WR) - I wouldn't give up on him yet and still think he is an above-average #3 WR.

5. Bryant McFadden (CB) - I've always liked McFadden. Good tackler, and sound cover guy. If we don't retain Vinny, I think he'd make a great nickleback.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

How about Jonathan Vilma from NO? I heard on NFL Network something about someone pursuing him...I don't know if he's available or not but it would be a definite upgrade at MLB over Stephen Tulloch.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think Vilma will definitely re-sign with the Saints. They had an option on his contract that if they had exercised the Saints would have owed the Jets a 1st round pick. I expect he will re-sign with New Orleans today or tomorrow.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

not that this is a terribly helpful post but these are all of our fa and their status per the news crawl as of right now.

PK Rob Bironas - signs four-year, $12 mil deal with Titans..........
    KR/PR Chris Carr..........
    QB Kerry Collins..........
    S Vincent Fuller..........
    DT Albert Haynesworth - signs seven-year, $100 mil deal with Redskins..........
    P Craig Hentrich..........
    CB Reynaldo Hill..........
    WR Brandon Jones..........
    CB Eric King..........
    OT Daniel Loper..........
    WR Justin McCareins..........
    CB Tyrone Poole..........
    TE Bo Scaife - franchised by Titans for $4.46 mil..........
    QB Chris Simms..........

I am hoping we sign those in bold...

as for our punter, I'm torn, I thought he was considering retirement... that position needs to be addressed.

I'd like to draft a corner early...

5. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

I agree, i'd like to see Titans pursue him or Rocky Bernard

Top 5:

- Beef up the DT position with a big body guy. Igor Olshansky or Rocky Bernard are IMO the best fits.
    - Add a WR that can complement Gage. Nate Washington or Laveranues Coles (Ofc. i'd like T.J. Housh too, but i think we're gonna have a hard time luring him to Tennessee with our run first philosophy)
    - Resign Vincent Fuller,
    - Resign Kerry Collins.
    - Add some CB depth that can maybe supplant or take over if Harper goes down. Leigh Bodden would be nice, otherwise resigning Eric King would be decent, he looked ok before the injury last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar