Lions to unveil new uniforms April 20

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The colors are very close. The star on the sleeve is the only distinctive difference, other than the light blue piping and the hideous underarm stripe.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I was under the impression the Colts wore "royal blue".

It's not the same color, is it? :wink2:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

follow up...

do the Colts wear the same blue as KC Royals? :stirpot:

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Both the Colts and the Royals wear a color that the teams call "Royal Blue," but they aren't the exact same color. They would both qualify as royal blue, though.
    [​IMG]

5. Deuce Wayne

The difference between hues is not very large. Honolulu blue just looks like a slightly faded royal.
    And the swatch for the colts is too dark.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

[​IMG]

maybe these guys can help us out

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

:lol: hahaha... dude, you kill me with this stuff...

I remember one time I had it in my head the Titans Blue was actually different from the Columbia blue and I said that because it was told to me by Texans fans and somehow the way the idea was presented, it made sense... I remember you breaking out those color swatches! hahaha

one question for real..

don't the Royals have a light blue away uni that they wear instead of greys? Or is that a 1980's era throwback?

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

They need a cool logo like this.

[​IMG]

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Admittedly, I don't follow baseball too closely, but I believe you are half correct. The Royals did, at one point, wear light blue on the road instead of gray (so did a number of other teams, including the Blue Jays and Phillies). They brought back the light blue jerseys a few years ago, but I think they now wear them at home (with white pants) as alternate jerseys. I am not 100% sure about any of that, but I am pretty sure.

First, I disagree that Honolulu blue looks like a slightly faded royal blue. Maybe it's your monitor (or maybe it's the difference between our eyes), but Honolulu blue has much less red in it than royal. I don't think they are similar at all (obviously they are more similar than blue and yellow are, but I would never call Honolulu blue the same thing as royal blue).

As for the Colts, that is the correct color. It is not too dark. I don't know why you would say that, but my guess is that you are interpreting the Colts colors based one 1 of 2 things: either how the color looks on their jerseys (which appears different than the official color to the human eye because of the fabric and lighting in the stadium) or perhaps you are thinking of the old blue that the Colts used and that still appears in many graphics for the team because websites and even TV networks haven't updated their graphics (the Colts darkened the shade of blue they use in 2004).

10. Deuce Wayne

Dude, I OWN 3 Lions jerseys.

and anyone would consider the color royal blue in a basic color scheme. (Navy, Columbia, Royal, etc)
    And the Colts blue jersey is lighter than in that swatch.

[​IMG]

The Royals color is closer than the Colts color. The shadowed are the only areas that look like the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar