Lions release Kevin Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Based on some of the ACL injuries in the past, they can be of various degrees. The fastest recovery I remember was Brandon Jones who had ACL surgery in early December and was productive the next season. Tank Williams wasn't close to being 100% until his second season back.

Kevin Jones had this in late December coming off another injury to his foot the previous year. I don't think he'd be close to ready by training camp and probably unproductive the entire '08 season.

No thanks.

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Rod Woodson was able to come back very quickly after his. But I agree it is not the norm.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Jones = Brown. Can't stay on the field healthy.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Playing for Rod Marinelli / Mike Martz didn`t help him either... Jones is a good running back, but the injuries are too obvious to consider him as an option. Maybe the Bengals or Steelers will give him a chance

5. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Let's sign him, just as long as he comes cheap. If we let him go and another team signs him for more than we perceive as his worth (though we're truly unsure what that "worth" is); let's mock them for overpaying.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I've always liked Jones. Just bad luck. He's an upgrade over Brown.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

injury wise, i disagree.

8. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

:werd:

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Jones is just the type of value pickup we should gamble on. He'll come cheap and has tremendous potential. It was always pass first in Detroit but in TN he has a shot at getting some carries. Sure he's an injury risk but so was Vanden Bosch and I think it's safe to say that worked out.

10. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

I like the idea of brining in KJ and letting him and LW fight it out for starter duties. Between the two i believe we have one great RB, with KJ brining in a good ability to catch as well and further open up our offense. As long as the price is low and incentive based (which I believe it would have to be, with his injury risk) I think this could be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar