Lions Leading HC Candidate Munch & Caldwell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! for stealing Wiz and putting Detroit in a state of desperation. I will always be greatful.

WTF are they thinking?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So it's basically Cleveland or bust for Munch as far as HC jobs. I don't wish the Browns on anyone, not even Munch. Just take an o-line job, man.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

The poor Lions...lol! Caldwell....that's hilarious! I would pick Munch over Caldwell.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Perhaps that's the point? That team could use some structure and discipline. Is Caldwell the right guy for that? I have no idea. But he's likely to be better than Schwartz in that regard.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Wait...when did Matt Millen become their GM again????

Although I am not really a Packer fan I can sense a celebration in Cheesehead land LOL.

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

When asked for comments, Caldwell could hardly contain his enthusiasm

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I actually don't think this was as ridiculously awful of a hire as everyone is making it out to be. Yes he went 2-14 the year without Manning. But he was working with the likes of KFC, Dan Orlovsky, and Curtis Painter. That team was always way too reliant on Manning. And they always neglected the backup QB position, even throughout the Dungy era. Dungy was just lucky that Manning never missed any real time. Caldwell probably assumed he would have that same kind of luck. It turned out to be a mistake on his part. But I can kinda sorta understand why he wasn't too worried about the QB depth chart after Peyton Manning until it was too late.

All that said, I wouldn't have been thrilled if we had hired him. I just don't think anyone should automatically assume he's a complete bum. It makes sense that you would be better your second time around (for our sake, I hope so seeing as Whis didn't exactly set the world on fire in Arizona). He was rumored to have been on the short list here as well. So there's gotta be something he's selling that GM's are buying.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He's definitely got that same ol' Dungy intensity going for him, doesn't he?

LOL. Anyone who has any affiliation with the guy knows what kind of clown he is. I'm glad you see it as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I could buy that.. but he started making bonehead moves while Peyton was still playing. Everyone in Indiana knew he was a moron well before Manning's injury. the Pre-Luck season was just the icing on the cake.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to the Colts aside from when we play them so you may very well be right. Maybe he'll be a colossal failure in Detroit. I guess I just don't get how people can at the same time be thinking we knocked it out of the park with Whis while falling over laughing at the Lions for hiring Caldwell.

On paper they actually seem pretty similar to me. Both have won SBs as coordinators/assistants. Both had early HC success and went to a SB (and lost) mainly on the backs of their future HoF QBs (and WRs) then failed spectacularly when they didn't have those QBs anymore. Both have been criticized by fans of their former teams for boneheaded decisions during their tenure.

IDK... just some food for thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar