Lions Leading HC Candidate Munch & Caldwell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

SO I am watching NFL Network late last night seeing re-runs of NFL Total Access, wanting to hear more news about the Titans HC Hire in the Whiz and I notice scrolling on the tracking at the bottom of the screen:

"Per a Lions source, that former Titans coach Mike Munchak and Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell are now the two top targets. The team source says Caldwell has the edge."

Full article can be see here on NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...unt-to-titans-has-lions-scrambling-for-plan-b

How crazy can you get???? Probably the BEST option for a Head Coaching job when it comes to pure talent on a team has come down to the guy the Titans fired and a guy whose only experience was two years with a Peyton Colts team. LOL Lions are going to suck another 2 or 3 years and waste more of Megatron's time

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This is the only time you would hear me say this..

Mike Munchak gives them the best chance to win.

• High Five High Five x 10
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's sad when such supremely talented players waste their careers with garbage franchises. But no one forces them to sign those second contracts I suppose. With the right coach Detroit could probably make a legitimate title run. I highly doubt that coach is Munch or Caldwell though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Just looked on a few Lions boards.They are pretty much experiencing the while spectrum as far as the stages of grief.

"Has Whisenhunt actually signed the deal yet though?"
    "Maybe Munchak isn't that bad. As long as he doesn't bring his staff..."
    "Why wouldn't he?"
    "God, we are going to blow all this talent for good. ****"
    "Is it too late to apologize to CJS?"
    "Kill myself?"

Seen many variations of these. Except the "kill myself?", but they are thinking it.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is a great situation for Munchak if he can go to Detroit.

For one its not the Browns he'd be working for, thats a tough job to take right now in Cleveland.

Second, the Lions have a great roster of play makers that would have any coach drooling. Megatron, Suh, Fairley, Stafford, Bush, Bell, Ansah, some solid LB's. If it wasn't Detroit, it would be an ideal situation for any coach.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The Loins clearly like to copy the Titans, and take their castoffs, for some reason unbeknownst to me. Munchak would fit right in.

This is a dark period for the Loins.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I actually feel bad for them......

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

and just 2 weeks ago Titan fans had no hope for the future.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Britt will be a Lion if Munch goes to Detroit...Britt and Calvin

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The Lions believe it or not let Stafford sit in on the Whisenhunt interview and that could've been one of the many factors where Wiz was turned off by Detroit and the way they were doing things.

Also i've read where the Lions are basically looking for a yes man someone who will basically be a puppet and both Caldwell and Munchak fit that criteria.

Would not shock me at all if Munchak ends up coaching Detroit.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar