Linsanity or Tebowmania?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Feb 20, 2012.

?

Greater sports story

1. Linsanity

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Tebowmania

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

He's not the first person to go undrafted and still be a star.
  2. steverife

steverife Starter

...and Geronimo, you said it yourself when you first posted that you were following the guy because he was asian. If it was Jerome Lynn that went to school at South Alabama and he was doing it for the Pacers or someone, nobody would care...
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

This is ignorance at its finest.

When Jerome Lynn does it, people will care. Until then, stop with the blacks aren't treated the same nonsense.
  4. steverife

steverife Starter

Nobody cared when Anthony Morrow blew up. He was an undrafted rookie free agent and put up 37 in his first start. It was in Golden State while half the country was in bed and there was no Asian fanbase to tap into, so that got him a sentence on Sportscenter.
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Anthony Morrow sucks!

he had a good game, Lin has had 10 consecutive good games!
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Becoming a star after going undrafted isn't what makes Linsanity. Linsanity is:

- Being Asian and playing PG, averaging 24 and 10 in his first 8-9 starts

- Ivy League school

- Playing for New York

- Getting cut by 2 teams this season, was planning to get cut again, sleeping on brother's couch.

Well, yeah, that's the point. From his summer league games, I knew he was good enough to get minutes in this league if given the chance, but never did I think he was this good.

And Jerome would still get attention, though not as much, but you have to understand, being Asian is the second biggest factor in Linsanity. If Timmy Chang would have gotten an NFL start for the Giants and suddenly threw for 400 yards in his first 3 starts, he would have blown up too.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

You make it sound like being Asian should have no significance. Lin is breaking a color barrier, so good for him.
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Where did you read he only wanted to go to Stanford or UCLA and would have turned down a scholarship? I'm sure he took academics seriously, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure his dream was to be in the NBA and wanted one and was upset he didn't get one.

Either way, he still did well at Harvard and absolutely wrecked against Kemba Walker in the one game that any national attention and yet still went undrafted. And was cut by 2 teams, and was about to get cut again by NY even though the players thought he was clearly the best PG in practice. Melo was actually the one that told Pringles to play the kid and give him a chance.
  9. steverife

steverife Starter

I don't think it is worth 23 of 30 minutes on Sportscenter.

...but then again, ESPN isn't even news any more, so I guess it is par for the course.
  10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

It is getting outta' control,true, they were talking about him on The View the other day lol, but I don't mind it because I generally find the regular season boring anyway and my Rockets are rebuilding right now, so Linsanity is the one thing right now that keeps my attention.

If it makes you feel better, unless the Knicks win a championship this year, it'll die down next season (or if Lin goes back to "normal"), just like Big 3 in Miami last season, it was all ESPN talked about.