Linebackers situation is bleak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Again, how is him being ranked 23 make him among the worst in the league?

32 teams in the NFL, typically teams have two OLB, that looks to me he is right in the middle.

I'm not even trying to stick up for them, but PFF is again, looking like some weak trash right now.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have no real problem with PFF, and this is not a slam on you TTF, but I rarely see anyone bring PFF to the table and make a good argument. Its just far too much information and it still does not account for everything on the field.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's only 4-3 OLBs in that list.

5. TorontoTitanFan

What brings even less to the argument is dismissing stats rather than discussing them with the proper context.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

my bad then, list still looks small, but I guess thats about right.

7. The Hammer

PFF seems to be trying to bring Moneyball style statistical analysis to football. It does not work as well for football as it does for baseball.

8. TorontoTitanFan

Sure, but it still has significant value when applied correctly. Dismissing it outright is just willful ignorance.

9. The Hammer

Yes it is true. And with baseball too the Moneyball crowd found that those stats could only tell you so much. But yes, it can be a valuable too so long as the stats are meaningful.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Ayers ranked higher than Brown? Lol. PFF is retarded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar