Linebackers situation is bleak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I like Zach Brown but I remember the year he was taken someone on here was pounding the table for Levonte David and posted a clip of him. When I watched it the difference between him and Brown was striking. While Brown has improved David is still the better player and sometimes I wonder what if...

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Step one: Ask yourself How many games did we win last year?
    Step two: Ask yourself if the LBs were as good as some of them make you out to be.
    Step three: never abandon hope as a titans fan, just keep saying after we get rid of CJ and Munch things will all be fine in the world.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We have been burned by TEs for years...have yet to bring in a LB that could cover even the backup TEs. Now...it could also be due to poor coaching and defensive schemes....but, I am guessing talent has played a role.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Brown was supposed to be that guy. Let's see if Gooden can do it. I will say this, it's not common to have 2 Lbs that run 4.4 or under so if you as a team can't figure out how to use them to stop TE's that normally run in the 4.6's, that's a reflection on your coaching.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The coaches this season have ruined our LB core. I don't get the love they have for Fokou who never comes off the field it seem and when McCarthy played he was as good or better. They also blitz Fokou more than they blitz Brown or Ayers which makes no sense. If one LB regressed it makes sense to put the blame on that one guy for attitude, work ethic or something. But when the whole LB group under performs what can it be but coaching? Ayers was a solid player and Brown looked like he was going o be a pro-bowl type guy and in one season both those guy look pedestrian?

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fokou is a smart LB, but hes slow

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

but what if there wasn't a d lineman ranked high enough to draft there. if you reach for semi needs that's how you kill a draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar