Limas Sweed ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KingTitan25, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

Limas Sweed seems to be the man for the Titans that people pick in most of the mock drafts i have seen for the 2008 draft even though he hurt his rist and is out for the year. He has played with Vince and he seems like he would be a nice tall target with good hands and decent speed for Vince. Maybe a Plaxico Burress type? Would you guys want him? We could get him in the first but it sounds like he might drop to the 2nd if he doesnt run well in the combine. I say finally do it and take a wide out in the 1st rd (since Dyson 98). I also like Bowman another tall fast guy. We need a weapon for Vince so I say do it. Otherwise drop the dollars for speedster Benard Berrian who could fit nice with VY. Your thoughts would be great i'd love to hear some takes on this.

2. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Sweed is going to fall far down the draft boards with his wrist surgery (which was successful today). Probably a 2nd rounder, and VY to Sweed would be freaking amazing.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think he may be a good pick up. Him and VY have a great chemistry and he big a physical. He is just a lil slow and it may hurt his stock.

It may be better for us to get a big receiver thats a faster to help stretch the field bc right now we dont have that homerun threat.

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

We need to quit with the Texas crap and take the best player available. Which is going to be Malcom Kelly

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

let's take a break from drafting tejas players.

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

that could be nice i think to. esp in the 2nd rnd like u said. how fast is this sweed if you maybe compare him and plaxico buress maybe, cause thats who he reminds me of.

7. DirtyDime10

DirtyDime10 Guest

Sweed's pretty slow. I've found numbers anywhere from 4.35 to 4.65 on Plaxico but it's hard to say. Sweed's 40 time (4.55-4.65) , along with his injury will easily drop him into the 2nd round. Also looking at our recent draft history, im almost willing to bet that Fishers drafts defense first, and a WR in the 2nd, however, it really all depends how many players in their contract year we resign, because last time i checked there was around 20.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Is Mario Manningham coming out? Def would like to pick him up

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wow. look bad in a couple of games and the draft talk heats up around here... and it's not even November yet! :ha:

Sweed is a beast. Good to hear his surgery went well. Vince does need weapons and we all hear that all the time but I really think Vince needs to get himself figured out. Titans definitely need a star receiver. I don't care what people say about Chows offense. Things just go better with play makers.

10. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Why. Surround Vince with what he had in 05 and watch what happens.

Sweed is not lightning fast, but he is not "slow". Jerry Rice was never the fastest WR either, and he turned out just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar