Likely first round targets by position?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I just wanted to list who I think our likely targets/considerations will be for when we pick, by position.

1) CB - Leon Hall, Michigan; Chris Houston, Arkansas; Darrelle Revis - Pittsburgh. Of these picks, Houston and Hall would be the two I could accept; Revis is a little too slow; Houston is ideal for us, I think. I would consider Eric Wright in round two, or Jonathan Wade in round three, because I don't think he'll last longer.

2) DE - Adam Carriker, Nebraska; Jarvis Moss, Florida; Charles Johnson, Georgia. I can see any of these guys taken, to be honest. With Jarvis, I'm not sure of his medical, and will that affect him down the road. Also worried whether or not there is a bust factor here. Hype could force this pick, but I like the little bit I've seen of him. Carriker I really like. A big boy who has some burst and versatility. I'd think long and hard if he was available. I think teams could be interested in Carriker or Jarvis, like the Patriots at #24. Charles Johnson to me is a bit of a reach, but his playmaking last year was pretty impressive. I seriously doubt he'd be around in the second, so depending on how the board shook out, they may decide to pull the trigger. Could be more likely if they trade down to let someone come up for another player.

There's a bevy of round two to three guys who may or may not be around when we pick -- Spencer, Crowder, Abiamiri, Woodley, Francis, Moore.

3) WR - Dwayne Bowe, LSU; Robert Meachem, Tennessee; Ted Ginn, Jr., Ohio State. I think the physicality and ability to go over the middle is what makes Bowe and Meachem so attractive. Ginn can stretch the field and keep the return game hot. That is, if his injury won't hinder him long term, which I don't think it will, but you never know. Meachem runs the best routes of the three right now, and is probably the most balanced. He's quiet, but is he tough enough mentally? Bowe would be the best blocker. Ginn would be the biggest risk, but the Pacman situation could make that pick seem more logical.

I didn't list Jarrett because I think there are a few too many questions at this point to take him in round one. If we go D in round one and he is there in 2 a la LenDale White, I can see us taking him there. In two, I would consider Jarrett, Rice, Jason Hill, Anthony Gonzalez.

4) Safety - (Laron Landry would require a trade-up - let's just get that out of the way now) Reggie Nelson, Michael Griffin. Only first rounders I see. I think Griffin ideally in a trade down, but I really only see Nelson as possible pick at 19. Merriweather is first round talent, but his off the field issues make him a consideration for us only in the 2nd I believe. What's good about him, like Nelson, is he has CB skills. Other S/DBs I would consider in two are Aaron Rouse, Eric Weddle, and maybe Sabby Piscitelli. I would like Sabby in three, myself, but I can see him as the type of player the Titans would love, and would be one of those last minute "who dats" that several teams would be on the verge of taking in two, like Roos was for us. Plus he's big (6'3" 224lbs).

5) LB - only one I can see in one is Willis. A real long shot for us.

6) DT - only one I can see in one is Okoye. Another real long shot. If you consider Carriker a DT (on passing downs) there you go. He really could be the guy.

2. ginn also said that he wants to play some cb in pro, because he was the #1 cb comming out of hs, so he could fill a few spots ala deion sanders

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Yea, he'd fit in perfect with guys like woolfolk

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That talk is hurting his stock. Teams are going to want to make sure he's focused on the WR position, IB.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Ginn could play both positions actually. Kinda like Troy Brown.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I would think Ginn has a lot of value because he can be a WR as well as a KR and PR.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

troy brown played nickle and slot WR, he was not a starter.

8. Fry

my list by who i want by position

CB: 1. chris houston
    2. jon wade
    3. aaron ross
    second or later pick; josh wilson

DE: 1. jamaal anderson. i think he should be the first defensive player taken, but i have seen him all over the place in first round mock drafts.
    2. charles johnson
    second or later; lamarr woodley or jarvis moss

DT: 1. amobi akoye
    2. adam carriker
    second or later; justin harrell

WR: 1. calvin johnson, anyone else in the first isnt worth it, IMO.
    second or later; rob meachem, jason hill or steve smith

S: 1. reggie nelson
    2. laron landry
    second or later; eric weddle, brandon meriweather or michael griffen

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would like Chris Houston in the first and Jarrett or Rice in the second. Then possibly Aaron Ross in the third.

10. Fry

that seems a little excessive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar