Lewan replaced as captain by McCluster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanthakur, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

It won't fit with typical weights, and the bar bends around 500 pounds unless you get special power bars.

Also with the thickness of typical 45 lb plates the bars can hold about 6 plates max each side which would equal 765 lbs.

It might be able to hold the weight with special power barbells, but I doubt that the high school gym you attended had that sort of equipment with the olympic weights that are only 2 inches in thickness.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

There are people who have been busting their ass and lifting in competitions for much longer that can't do close to what you're claiming. Can you not see how that sounds so unbelievable?

The thing that really gets me about your story is that "it was no big deal" . If you were snapping world records by hundreds of pounds while in highschool, SOMEONE would have taken notice and it would have been a big deal.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Idk what you're doing but that's nonsense

4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

MENTIROSA

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Lifting a lot of weight doesnt make you good at football, I was alright then, but not great. Being strong was just something I was, I was overlooked primarily because I played DE at 5'10" 185lbs

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

you saying that you squatted 1,000 pounds is disappointing to people that actually workout. internet warrior, you talk about @520 as if he is tough on his keyboard, but you are worse for trying to defend a lie that is so blatant. If you squatted 1,000 pounds in front of people, they would enter you in contests and you would be a millionaire by now, for being the first person to lift that much, especially if you did it natural. I don't think you understand and can comprehend how much 1,000 pounds is on a barbell in an average gym. That would be almost every weight in your gym, assuming you use typical 45 lb plates.

If you put 10 45 lb plates on each side that is still only 945 lbs!!!!!

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

The weight fits, I know because I did it

8. JCBRAVE

Do 100lb plates not exist? Are you serious right now

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I didn't say anything about football. If you're snapping world records lifting weights, it doesn't matter if you were a ballerina.

Everyone would be thrilled that a 5'10 185lb highschool guy is squatting 200+ lbs more than anyone else in the world. But ah, it's just another day in the life of JCB...no big deal.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

I wanted to be a football player not a power lifter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar