Lewan in hindsight

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by cdubbs2121, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Was just curious if everyone is still happy/pissed about the pick seeing that Lewan will in fact not play much this season if all goes as plan. I still think he will be nasty but in seeing our defense I think defense would have been the obvious choice with that pick. We shall see though.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

He keeps us from picking OL in the next draft and the foreseeable future. Roo's is pretty much done and if something happens to him or if just starts sucking mid season we have Lewan to step in immediately, and a lot of teams wish they could say that. Starting next year though...we should almost pick ALL defensive players. We are good on the offensive side for some time barring lots of injuries.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think Anthony Barr definitely would've been the pick if he fell to us but unfortunately he didn't. Initially I was very upset but looking back there wasn't a whole lot available and we did go BPA.

C.J. Mosley probably would've been my pick. He's been killing it in Ravens camp and he would be an upgrade at ILB over Brown.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

In hindsight, we probably should have went corner or even Mosley. I don't care much for Lewan's style and I have a feeling he is going to be familiar with the refs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

LT > MLB.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Too hard to get a good LT. This was a good move.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm still happy with the pick but if Lewan ends up as a bust when he becomes a starter then it will obviously be a disaster.

I really don't have a problem going LT where we did though.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's far too early to know if Lewan was the right choice. On paper, it was time to start thinking about replacing Roos. I'd preferred to have him start at RT this season and move him over next and that still may happen at some point.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I wasn't happy then. And no real titans games have been played since then, so no reason to change my feelings yet.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's way too early to call it.

I wanted Bridgewater. But Mett has looked pretty decent and Locker has looked good so maybe passing on him was the right move. I just don't trust Locker to stay healthy. And obviously in hindsight we really could've used a corner.

OL is never a sexy pick and it sucked even worse since it was our 2nd time in as many years to go that route. But I think we got an excellent value with Lewan so it's tough to be mad about it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar