Letter grade - F

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Maker_84, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Brown is the only iffy for me. Wright, while I wasn't a fan of the pick, should be a good player. Martin should be solid.

Brown sounds like he could be awesome or Chris Henry part 2.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Wow. A logical post.

Unsure about C though. Would like to, but a rookie C might just be a bump in the rotation and not an instant starter, and we have 3 of those if you count Harris, Velasco and Matthews as current backups at that spot.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Pretty much. But realistically if he can be better than Gerald McRath on or off steroids, it'll be an improvement.

But seriously he'll pretty much need to be a starter in a couple of years at least. But he's much more low risk high reward than a similar player like Chris Henry was up to two years ago.

This makes for a lot more Get Who You Want type drafting that we did with Locker, CJ, Britt, Wright - big risk players whose initial contracts are chump change compared to the payoff if they play up to their talents and abilities.

As you said about Fisher, It's like a breath of fresh air, when the Titans draft this way. Ruston's in the driver's seat but the feel is consistent to what MR started. The dif is that JF is gone. There's no wondering about whose to blame if it all goes south. These guys are clearly on the same page.

This is the most calm I've ever been during draft season. This regime is good for my stress and blood pressure. Lol, I really have none! Lot of folks feeling pinched in the hole over the first two picks. No, thanks. I don't even wanna feel that way. Cracks me up.

4. xBrah

xBrah Hope we get a new SS

You guys are funny. Idk I guess I'll say b- not been upset with the picks. I'm excited that we got more speed at lb cause mcrath and spoon are ****ing slow as molasses. Wrestling pedigrees with both defensive guys. Means they'll have an above average sense of leverage and how to get people off balance. We didnt get decastro or konz and yeah. We all know amano is awful, but I trust that we will have a serviceable center and clear upgrade going to Hutchinson from scott. If locker comes to otas prepared and ready to go that he will beat out hasselbeck. Not a knock on Matt, locker clearly has more natural ability.

---
    I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.811821,-85.383416"]Google Maps[/ame]

5. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

I love how people are so upset about picks when most of the people commenting have never seen the players we drafted or passed on play. A majority of the people on this board think players like Konz are good because other people/experts said he is good. The front office had a very solid draft last year so I trust their picks until proven otherwise.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Really wish we had gotten Konz or Still in the 2nd.

But let's be real - the guys doing the drafting know more than any of us or the talking heads ever will about evaluation of talent.

Brown looks like a boom or bust type guy. Let's hope he booms. If he does, we will have one of the best young LB corps in the entire league and they will all be together for a long, long time.

The 3rd round cat from Michigan seems like a plug and play type guy. He'll probably be starting opposite Casey against the Pats. Which would make our Dline even younger than it already is.

Imagine if all of these guys pan out. We have ourselves a young and exciting team and we may be set up for a real 10+ year run at the whole thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xBrah

xBrah Hope we get a new SS

Toddthetitan on knowing what is up. I'm on iPad and don't know how to high five or whatever. But that's high five worthy

---
    I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.811821,-85.383416"]Google Maps[/ame]

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I hope we grab a center in the 4th while some of the better ones are still available. If we wait too long, we'll just have 2 amano's on the roster.

Kendall Wright A-
    Zach Brown B
    Mike Martin B-

Overall Grade I'd say B+

9. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I love it.

I'm a little confused if I should be upset that Tennessee passed on DeCastro but ultimately we gained an amazing playmaker. Brown will be excellent in the Titans scheme. They covet the range he offers. If he improves his tackling he will be great. Mike Martin will be a solid contributor if he can overcome his height issue and he has thus far.

Overall I give them a B+ for passing on DeCastro.

4. Ben Jones, C Georgia

5. Cam Johnson, DE Virginia

6. Kheeston Randall, DT Texas

7. Ernest Owusu, DE California

I think this would add depth and provide good competition to the Titans DL. We find our future safety in the 1st or 2nd in next years deep S draft. We allow our corners to prove themselves this year or pursue young talent Mike Jenkins from Dallas if its reasonable.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The replies from the people begging for their guys and upset the FO didn't pick who the fans think are the BPA, are really really funny.

I wanted curry in the second round and wasn't too happy we passed on him but zack brown was who I figured we would target. Makes very good sense to me. Speed LB. Witherspoon is slow, on his last year of his contract... Get the guy with the high upside now and hope he can start by next season.

Martin is a monster, everyone should be jumping for joy about this pick. Fits the Titan vibe and scheme well. Super motor. Crazy thick and strong athlete. Great one on one battler. Really can't complain. The only pick that has surprised me was Wright, and that's because I figured we would go Decastro

But it says something about fisher ball. It's DEAD. We are a pass first team now, and passing on fixing the running lanes to gain a deep explosive threat says so. Beautiful thinking because fisher ball will never again win a championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar