Let's win while we're healthy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

We need to apitalise on the health of this football teams and win enough games while we're healthy to position ourselves for a playoff run.

Some of the injuries teams sufferd in week 1 are horrendous, and have seriously damaged the chances of some of these teams making a playoff run.

Key startes reportedly already lost for the season after 1 week:

Ko Simpson (BUF)
    Orlando Pace (STL) - following loss of Todd Steussie last week
    Jason Ferguson (DAL)
    Jon Jansen (WAS)
    Osi Umenyura (NYG)
    Mike Brown (CHI)

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

A win Sunday automatically keeps us in first place in the division. I mean two division wins is bigger than just two wins. At least as standings are concerned, even if Houston managed to come out of week 2 undefeated their next game is NFC. Houston's w/l record doesn't keep me up at night though. A win against Indianapolis early is paramount to our success. To beat the Colts again will galvanize the infused confidence we are seeing out of these guys. Fresh off a home win against Indy... the Titans will be poised to go primetime as the NFL's hottest team. 3-0. Not to look ahead... The Indianapolis Colts are certainly not a team to look past. I just hope the Titans have more focus than I do. I'm very excited at what I'm seeing. The Titans are getting used to winning. It feels good.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Injuries seem to have more of an impact on a season than any player or scheme. They can tank a great team overnight, and health can carry an otherwise average team pretty far into the playoffs. The Titans seem to be in better shape than any team they've fielded in years - if they can keep themselves healthy and jump out ahead in the division they could make a good run. Right now, I don't think we have all the pieces in place to win deep in the playoffs - but that doesn't mean those questions won't be answered by December. But if we've got a healthy team, that can win games even when they struggle in certain areas, then we're well on our way to being ready for a playoff push.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Oh we will be in the playoffs as long as the o-line and VY are healthy.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, we continue to play Defense like we played yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar