Lets trade Chris "It Aint My Fault" Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 21, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. Yes

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I realize that Finnegan isn't on the team anymore, my point is if we were going to pay a corner in the offseason McCourty should have been 3rd in line, that's all.

2. SRW293

SRW293 Starter

Do we need better outcome from the O line? yes, but if you were one of them and every time the RB was asked, he puts the problem on you what do you do.
    Their pass blocking has been good IMO since Jake has remained standing most of the time. So could the Oline be less excited about trying to open holes for someone that has the mememe outlook? Makes me think hummmmm.

YES trade him if possible

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I would not be opposed to trading him. Knowing our luck, he would flourish in another system with a different team and return to CJ2K, but he certainly isn't doing us any good.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

It's cuz he's tall and lanky. There aren't a lot of corners over 6 ft tall. So far this year he looks the part but hasn't played the part.

6. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

I voted but don't think cj will be traded. He just needs some new shoes with untied laces.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I tend to think along the lines of something someone said before. He's not the back (with a horrible o line) that can get those yards we need. He needs to be constantly fed to get a big run. We aren't that team anymore so CJ's skill set doesn't work.

I feel like we had the best NT in the league and we moved into a 4 3 defense and now he doesn't belong in the line up.

So two things can happen. We can spend a ton of effort and energy getting our O line to be a great run blocking line while sacrificing things like depth on Defense and perhaps pass blocking.

Or, spread out that energy and effort fixing other areas that need work on our team and yea, perhaps trade, or ideally, renegotiate his contract.

Point is I don't feel like our scheme allows CJ to be the 10 mil player he can be. Nor does our scheme call for such a player. It's really no one's fault per say, its a matter of getting the biggest bang for your buck by having the right kinds of players in the system we are developing.

This happens all the time when teams switch over. Our team changed much more radically then say the Texans D last year. The Texans had prob the best and smoothest transition I have ever seen.

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I just want to say, that when I saw the title of this thread, the song JCBRAVE posted was the first thing that went off in my head.

Damn you No Limit and your crappy catchy music!

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Can't trade him now.

After 2009 and after 2010 I suggested we trade him while his value is extremely high because I knew he didn't have but maybe one good year left.

In 2009, following his 2006 yard season, I said we should trade him to either the Eagles for LeSean McCoy (and another one of their players) or the Raiders for McFadden (and another one of their players). I also brought up Ray Rice (who is one of the guys I wanted us to draft in 2008), but I'll admit I was worried about trading with the Ravens.

So preferably, I would've liked to get McCoy. McFadden is obviously injury prone, but Al Davis would've given us A LOT. At the time, the Eagles (and anyone) would've jumped all over a trade for CJ. McCoy still hadn't broken out onto the scene.

I was heavily criticized by friends. One said I would set our franchise back ten years. Nope... We did that all on our own by paying this bum 80,000 per yard.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

If that's the reason we paid him I'll do it for half of what McCourty is making. Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar