Lets trade Chris "It Aint My Fault" Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 21, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. Yes

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Blaine said that the team needs a "we we we" back who wills the rest of the guys to play better.

He called CJ a "me me me" player which is 100% right on. Look at the comments about out running Usain Bolt. This is obviously a guy who is full of himself and not in touch with reality.

Any back in this league who was cut before the season would have given us more than 21 yards. Any back!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. titans backbone

titans backbone Rookie

haha alright guys, suddenly we have the worsttttt runner ever HAHAHAHA what a bunch of crazy haters.

But hes definitely a me me me type of guy, no one will deny that. You are all still hating and talking crap out of your u know what.

This guy with a good oline is a hell of an asset. Unluckily..ours is the worst and it clearly shows.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

glad you finally made an acct here CJ

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I would not say he is the worst though his stats may say it performance wise. But he does have to have a good line to do well, or so it seems to me.

I remember the 2k season and he had a lot of long runs to boost that average. The season was not a good one for the Titans. But I remember Fisher allowing him to carry when it was obvious we should have been passing. I remember plenty of 2,1,3,7,0,-2,34,2,1 ypc etc.We went through a lot of 3 and outs because of that.

In an ideal world, a mixture of run and pass seems more successful. If you don't have a good defense and are constantly playing a high offense team, you better be able to score points . The run game can keep the opposing teams QB off the field, when the runs are keeping the chains moving. First downs are critical and I think its bad morale to turn the ball over when you are third and 3 or less.

Times are changing and running backs are being used for clean up work and running out the clock for most teams. So if you are going to use a running back, he needs to get 3 yards a carry. Anything less should not happen often or again you will find yourself behind the 8 ball.

That being said, I hope CJ returns to his old self and gets those crucial first downs. But if Locker and company does as well as I think they eventually can, CJ will be used much less than times past.

I did not mind him trying for the big runs his 2K year, the season was shot and there was not much of anything to cheer about but him. His line and fisher insured he got those carries to get those yards and then he eventually gets his money.( I was totally against paying him that much, but its not my money.)

He and our team may do better once we are past these elite teams, but I just dont see that much of an improvement. It dont mean that I hope I am right. I hope CJ gets another 2000 and Locker gets 3500 and few interceptions. But I just dont see the linemen play getting much better with the group we have.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The question will never be whether the Titans should trade CJ. No team will trade for the worst player in the league who gets paid $10 million per year.

The question is eventually going to become whether the Titans should cut CJ. I think they will give it some serious thought after this season. I don't think they will (I think they will draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round to be competition for CJ and they will give CJ one last chance), but it's a possibility.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am not up to speed on the economics here, but what would the cap hit be if he was cut at the end of the season? We have a bit of room if memory serves, and with the rookie salary cap we would do better than a 2 or 3 in the draft.

I am not saying to cut him (too early to make that call right now), but if I were GM I would definitely be crunching numbers at this point.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You've only been around for a month, so you don't know what Ive said about the fat boys up front in the past. I've been hating on Amano since we extended his contract. The guy is only good when he's playing between Pro Bowlers. I don't like Harris one bit, and Velasco is another guy I'd bash if he wasn't so new to his role. I give guys 3 chances to impress me, if they don't, I tell it how I see it.

Ryan Mouton's horrible horrible rookie season, said nothing til his 2nd season, same with McCourty, now look at where they both are. Now I praise them both.

Listen, you don't have to like what Im saying, I'm not for everybody. Just read it, digest it, and think about it.

8. JCBRAVE

Teams are going to have trouble spending their cap money next year, notice some of the generous deals we've been handing out.

Teams have to spend next year. Teams will be able to absorb his contract.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

so if CJ's mentality changed from a "me me me" to a "we we we" he'd have more then 21 yards? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Obviously as a me me me player he's going to want to get as many yards and touchdowns as he can to boost his stats. And as a we we we player he going to want to get as many yards and touchdowns as he can to help the team...He's still going to have 21 yards because dumb accusations of a selfish personality don't affect crappy offensive lines and 350 lb DT's

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

No, what it means is he saves himself for later plays, doesn't give his all for the good of the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar