Lets trade Chris "It Aint My Fault" Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 21, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. Yes

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

96% of you guys know dick about football, seriously. Trading CJ isn't going to make the playcalling better, stop our o line from getting dominated week in and week out, generate a consistant pass rush, minimize costly penalties, fix our starting Qb's erratic accuracy problems, prevent TE's from running freely across the middle of the field, and the list just goes on. That interior line needs to be blown up, there's a reason why the O line needy vikings let go of hutch. The rest of that interior line is nothing but, never has beens and no hopers. We should've drafted an interior lineman from the start not Kendall wright. Matthews is simply incapable of being an oline coach. NOBODY is running behind that line. Palmer has never had a dominant ground game,his offenses have always been bottom third rushing attacks. All you guys ever wanted was a team without Fisher, well you got what you wanted. Stop complaining so much.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

If anybody needs to go it'd be Jamie Harper and Quinn Johnson out for Egboh and Collin Mooney. One thing that also irks me is WTF is up with this coaching staff? We have no contingency plan in place behind Mccarthy.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We all agree with Palmer/Matthews sucking. I called for them to be fired after week 1... held out hope that it would actually happen after week 2.

I sure as hell hope both are gone sooner rather than later. Hopefully we don't wait until the end of the season. I have a horrible feeling they'll both be back for 2013.

Trading CJ isn't going to make the play calling better, but it saves us buttloads of money. Of course, this is all hypothetical because no team is going to trade for him. Al Davis is no longer living, so there's no hope.

4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Also, an RB that can't make plays for their self is worth about as much as every other RB in the league.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

CJ isn't that type of playmaker and never was. He was a playmaker with an asterisk which was he needs to be in open space to make those plays. Our FO failed when they didn't take that into account that just maybe a small RB might not be able to run through the line like a power back.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I would trade CJ for a sack of potatoes...

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You're making an argument that he's expendable and overpaid.

Upgrade the o-line and plug any running back in the backfield to run through the holes. Save a ton of money.

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Of course I'm making that argument, I agree with it 100%. He is extremely expendable and useless on our current team. He would be a pretty good player on a number of teams that have the right offensive system for the type of player he is though.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Also the "overpaid" is subjective. If a player fits in with your team and plays extremely well then the salary can't really be compared to other teams because you feel that the specific player is excelling and playing well in the system to make your team better.. But clearly he doesn't fit in at all and we still paid him which is pretty idiotic.

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I agree Obie, CJ's play style does not work with who we are as a team now. To some degree, it's annoying that CJ doesn't seem to be trying to adapt to that, and on the other hand, it's embarrassing that our coaching staff doesn't adapt to what we excels at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar