Lets trade Chris "It Aint My Fault" Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 21, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. Yes

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Before trying to convince you all we should trade RB Chris Johnson, let me drop his theme song on you guys.

Now since electrotherapy isn't in the cards, here's my thread.
    My lack of love for CJ is no secret, many here know I want the little guy gone, but just dumping him would be dumb since so many people around the league still think he's half decent.

Now many may believe no one would touch that contract, but he really isn't owed a ton of money going forwards, just $10 million in 2013, $8 million in 2014 & 2015, then $7 million in 2016, not so bad for a one time 2000-yard rusher. Soooo lets move him before teams realize he's washed up.

Here are the candidates I think we should shoot for:
    Giants 3rd/2nd string RB Andre Brown
    Bucaneers back-up Doug Martin
    Saints part-time RB Pierre Thomas/ all of their RB's
    Rams back-up Daryl Richardson (you know Fisher would cream over this offer)
    Packers soon to be 30 year old Cedric Benson
    Giants declining Ahmad Bradshaw
    Chiefs recently repaired Jamaal Charles
    Falcons alcoholic Michael Turner
    And pretty much anyone not named Chris "It Aint My Fault" Johnson.

It's very common for great RB's to fall off in a short amount of time that this idea shouldn't shock you. If it does, just see Shawn Alexander, Priest Holmes, and many others.

If the Titans fan base is split on whether or not CJ sucks, then so is the front offices of at least 13 or so teams. Many front office guys like to believe they can fix broken payers, see Mike Reindfeldt, and 49er's Trent Baalke, they both took a chance on Randy Moss, who is now only a shell of himself, much like CJ, so it can happen.

What do you think?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

High-Five for the video. Didn't read the rest.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No one is going to trade for this guy, he is one of the worst, if not the worst starting RB in the league. Those he is better than come at 1/8 of the price. We are stuck with him.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

He sucks as a Titan, but put him on a decent offense and hes a good 3rd down back.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

If we sent him to a team that would build their offense around his talents and put an offensive line on the field that resembles an NFL line, I'm sure CJ would be thrilled to be traded. Although I still believe CJ can beast in the right situation, this sure as h*ll isn't that right situation now is it? If they traded him, it would be a relief to not have to listen/see our fans bashing him all the time. For me and most certainly for CJ. If the Titans don't intend to fix the O-Line and run a scheme that caters to his talents, then go ahead and trade him as far as I'm concerned. I think it's more likely they keep him around through these tough times so he can absorb most of the blame for the coaches and players who are struggling worse than he is.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Teams don't build around running backs anymore. I am getting sick of that being suggested. I mean, you have 3 teams that you could consider that in the Ravens, Jags and the 49ers. They have power running games with QBs that are game managers. We do not have a power running back, a great defense, or a QB that we should settle on being a game manager.

Flat out, the offensive philosophy changed when Fisher left and CJ does not fit with what we are trying to do.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

For someone that dislikes CJ, why would you reward him by letting him leave the team? At this point it would be an honor to be traded away...

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

CJ would LOVE to be traded!!!!!

9. JCBRAVE

Hes killing our offense, hes gotta go.

10. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

CJ is different and is struggling, our Oline is nonexistent, our Coaching Staff will not admit their failure and make changes - Nothing but a train wreck happening! Train wreck for disaster is here and now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar