Lets Talk About The Running Game And CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

So far CJ has ran the ball 48 times for 96 yards.The good thing has been a very productive pass offense to sort of cover up that horrible stat so far.

I'm wondering what does this team do in a few weeks if CJ keeps having these games where he averages 2 yards per carry.25 carries for 45 yards in game after game is not going to get it done.

Sooner or later lets say the Titans are 7-3 or 6-2 and actually in the hunt for a winning season.I think sooner or later they are going to keep handing him the ball and its going to start costing us games.When he is killing drives and forcing the defense to be on the field 40 minutes a game then something will have to be done.

Why do they keep handing him the ball over and over on 1st and 2nd down? Always for losses

I do think they should put in Ringer and Harper and let those two be similar to Williams and Stewart in Carolina.We could have a nice two pronged running attack that could wear defenses down and throw the ball too.Why not insert CJ in the game at certain points when he is fresh after Ringer or Harper has worn down defenses?

I think they could put CJ in at certain points in the game and still get him around 15 or 20 carries but spread those carries throughout the game.We need to utilize CJ better.

Anybody think he could already be wearing down?

Anyone agree we could utilize CJ better or use him in a different manner where he could be way more productive?

There has to be a way for CJ to get out of the doldrums and back to the dangerous runner he was and can be.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

No RB that we have is having any success at all and that will continue until the O-Line starts blocking better so the whole thing about Ringer & Harper is pointless.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

changing coaching staff will do this sort of thing, just cause we have cj doesnt make us a good running team anymore. Fisher kept our run game strong for years. i dont think Munch and company can do that. I think we've seen the last of our great run game for a while. we are not the same titans. our run game will be much like the Packers or Pats.

New era, get use to it.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Jesse may be right, plenty of us wanted a passing game also but I do not think many people thought the change would be this sudden.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

People keep saying the O-line is not producing any holes. This is true but it is not an excuse for the lack of effort CJ is showing. He looks extremely slow out there, like he's moving in slow motion while everyone else is flying around him.

Ringer hasn't had much more luck but when I see Ringer run, I see the effort and I see him attempting to break tackles and make moves. CJ gets the ball, and just falls at the first sign of contact. Like you said, this is costing us drives and against better teams it will start costing us games. The coaching staff has to be willing to change, and I think they will.

I haven't seen CJ break a single tackle. For an "elite playmaker," he hasn't done anything above average in 3 games.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm watching Blount play right now.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's simple.

CJ has a new OC, HC, and system. Missing the shortened offseason for a 'hold-out' didn't help either.

Our OL may be good at pass blocking, but they're terrible at run blocking.

CJ is dancing around in the backfield, instead of heading North/South and gaining yards.

Hopefully, CJ will get it going and the blocking will improve. Eventually defenses will figure out the Hasselbeck can play and stop packing the box with 8 defenders, thus opening up the running game for CJ. He better hurry up though, I'm about to bench him on my FF team ;)

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Your right.Near the end of the season the last thing we want to see is CJ costing us drives and maybe even games especially if we are trying to get a playoff spot.I think we could be in the hunt for a playoff spot in December if we continue to play great defense and Hasselbeck does well.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans fans are gonna spend most of the season naming reasons why we cant run, cj sucks, online sucks at blocking, coaches etc.... but all that stuff is what makes bad or average running teams. sooner you all accept we are now average or worse the better off you will be. we are not gonna be like the jags,or texans,or raiders or vikings or the old Titans we are now on the level or the Packers, Pats,Bengals,Colts etc...

one day reality will hit and youll accept it and focus on other parts of the offense. Hasselbeck and the wr's would have to regress for us to be a run first team again. i'm not willing to do that. i rather be a pass first team with a average run game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar