lets talk about roos and a little more bout pac

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's going to be tough. He's on IR with a ruptured spleen.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

think i saw brandon jones doing that too.

3. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I've got a little more info on both Roos and Pacman. First off, Roos. According to this website (granted it's not official, but a point of reference nonetheless), Roos has allowed only 3 sacks this year. Now, I'm sure RDE's have sacked Vince more than 3 times all year, but I figure they account for whether or not it is directly the fault of the OT (ie., holding the ball too long, scrambling into containment, etc.). Contrast that with someone like Walter Jones, who most think is the best LT in the NFL, who has had a horrible year and surrendered 10.5 sacks. Like I said, this site isn't official, but I doubt it is too far off.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/index.asp

Then on Pacman, Football Outsiders named him to their All-Pro team along with Champ Bailey. This website is big on metrics when evaluating players, so it makes sense that Pac made it. Saw an article from one of their writers recently that had Pac with the highest stop % of corners in the NFL, and he was 7th in yards per play against. This was through 13 games, btw. For what it's worth, in this same chart, Finnegan was 6th in yards per pass play against. Reynaldo Hill was in the bottom 10.

Also according to their metrics, Samari Rolle has the lowest stop % in the NFL and also the highest yards per play BY FAR. That is here:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/footballoutsiders

You have to scroll down just over 1/3 of the way to find the chart.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

hahhahhah ull never guess who those two defenders were that he steam rolled ...first a the d-linemen larry tripplet then london fletcher....ahhaha...two of their best players and both pro bowl quailty players..watch the highligh on titansonline.com and u'll see...i'm tellin u he is the ****....

franchise OT??? already playin like this in his second year.....hell yeah!!!!

there were two things said on fox btw during this yr that i thought u guys would enjoy ....one was that they called roos and stewart the titans' "unhearlded heros" and the other was they said that if the titans start makin the playoffs annually to expect to see roos in the pro bowl year after year....just thought i'd let u know i'm not the only one on his bandwagon. (u can bet that if we had mcneal and the chargers had roos ....roos would be in the all star game)

sure mawae gets the credit but i bet if u wath the games u'll see he [roos] is possibly our best o-linemen...maybe not head of command thats mawae and he hellped all the OL men for sure to gel this season...but talent wise probably.

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Interesting. Roos has better stats than Marcus McNeill, who is in the hunt for Offensive ROY.

I think we could get someone like Justin Blalock from UT to be a guard now and center of the future and we would have a dominate O line for many years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar