Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Arm strength is terribly overrated. But when scouts think of arm strength, I also think they mean how much zip the ball has, not necessarily only how far they can throw. Maybe that's what they mean, or maybe they just fabricate things.
  2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

I disagree... arm strength is not overrated... whether it's how far you throw or how hard you throw it.. those things are important... The long ball depends a lot on accuracy... but short throws need to be thrown hard... if it isn't, one split second and the ball can be tipped or intercepted
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Great thread with great opinions.

Me personally, I want VY back, but if and when he gets cut, I honestly wouldn't mind snagging this guy with our 2nd pick.

I remember watching him against Boise State. He actually really impressed me with his intangibles. I think this guy has a future in the NFL. Granted, I'm not saying tomorrow, but sometime in the near future I really believe this QB can be someone.
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's a yes/no on arm strength.

A lot of people think of the deep ball when they think of arm strength but I tend to think more of zip on the ball. It doesn't matter how far you can throw if you don't have the accuracy to get it there.
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

If you can throw the ball 60 yards, you can throw all the 10,20,30 yard passes with all the zip you'll ever need.

Take a guy like Cam Newton. He has too much zip on his intermediate passes and can't figure out how to throw a short pass without his WR being unable to catch them.
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I wouldn't mind Colin. It would be amazing if we could snag him with a 3rd, I don't see that happening.

If Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Mallett are all gone i'd consider Colin over Ponder. I'd be a tough decision.
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

In the 2nd round why not.

Unless Jake Locker is still there.

good attitude is important, and he has it.
  10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.