Let's sign some more free agents!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd have to say no to Dyson and an Oh Hell No!

Dre Bly wouldn't be a horrible pickup.

I was Pac's biggest fan all the way up until the day he was suspended for the whole year. I kept telling myself that he would only be suspended the first 4 games of the season. I didn't think Goodell would be so hard on him. He beat out Ryan Leaf as the biggest bust EVER.

It was a great shame to see such great talent wasted.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

mmm...i beg to differ buddy.

following his 2nd season both fox and cbs analysts ranked him all pro alongside champ bailey.... and if it wanst for devin he'd a been ranked all pro for returnin kicks too.....

now...the nfl wouldnt giv it to him no way. but 2nd yr....and by analysts who hated him= all pro....

....plz....speak ya silence..

and dyson i always liked back in teh day. he didnt talk much and got hte job done; complemented rolle nicely. id giv him a chance....our d hasnt changed much since he left if anything maybe this yr and he'd pik it up quick

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yessir. That was back in the day. He's definitely a talented guy. No denying that.

Where would he be ranked today?

It's a damn shame to waste all that talent, but idiots find a way to do it... He is an idiot, and he should know that. He was born to play football, but he threw it all away. He has been given multiple chances. America is about second chances... not about third, fourth, and fifth chances.

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

how can you not blame the players more for the lack of winning? they are the ones on the field running the plays. if they suck they lose. you can only coach so far

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

btw CB jimmy williams was cut..former 2nd rounder 2006; insitally w/ the falcons. anyone know anything bout this gay. artilce says they wanted him at safty....so teh first question...is can he play cb...im not sure. nybody?

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think anyone would question the talent those mid-to-late 80s Bears teams had. So if the talent isn't the problem, what was it? I actually like Ditka and think he is funny, but I'm not sure he's that great of a coach. The Bears always seemed to do well during the season, but choked in the playoffs... so I'm putting most of the blame on the coaches not having them prepared.

It could simply be that they were outmatched as well. The teams they lost to in those playoffs were the 49ers a couple of times and the Redskins and both had great teams during that time as well.

The players the Bears had back then definitely did NOT suck.

Do you also blame Steve McNair for his injuries? I mean, not much a person can do about getting injured. Particularly in McMahon's case when that Green Bay player slammed him like 5 seconds after the ball was downfield. Hell the guy was suspended after that.

By the way, that injury riddled QB holds an NFL record for most consecutive wins by a starting QB standing at 22.

I can't believe so many people can knock a guy that showed up as his initial introduction to the Bears with a cold beer in hand!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If i was the dictator of the USA i would have you arrested and shot for even daring to compare steve mcnair to that loser.

Mcnair started 87% of his potential starts vs about 58% for mcmahon during his bear days. Plus mcnair never missed a playoff game when mcmahon missed 2 for the bears.

And yes i can blame mcmahon for his injuries because he was lazy and didn't stay in shape all the time. He never watched film and was the TO of his era. Here was a team with a hall of fame former player and coach in mike ditka and there was this snot nosed undisciplined punk questioning his play calling and personnel decisions from the sidelines which tore that team apart.

FYI the charles martin hit aggravated a shoulder injury mcmahon already had in 1986. Was charles martin responsible for the 12 games he missed the previous 2 years and the 1984 playoffs he missed? Was the charles martin hit in 1986 the reason mcmahon threw a game losing int over a year later in the 87 playoffs against the redskins?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The championship that should have been.

Bears vs redskins 1987 playoffs jan 1988. In chicago!

Bears go from a 14-0 lead to a 21-14 loss.

Jim mcmahon 1 td 3 ints 51 passing rating. Threw his last int in the end zone in a drive to tie the game.

This would be walter payton's final game!

The redskins go on to the super bowl to beat the broncos by 35 points!

Jim mcmahon is the #1 reason walter payton did not get another ring. Jim mcmahon is the reason another lombardi trophy is not at halas hall.

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

if i was head of the titans we would win superbowls every year

sign plax, pacman, and mike vick

CHAMPIONSHIP

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

What'd they do? Kill every other player in the league?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar