Let's play "They were right"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

This is me eating crow, and admitting I was wrong.

Alex, TBC, LD, JCBrave, TT4ever, and numerous others were all right about Young. Somehow, he did make progress being a backup, and using Young does open up the playbook quite a bit.

I knew Young had REALLY won me over when he was being stretched out last night. My first thought was, "Damnit, I don't want Collins to lose this game for us". Well whadayaknow?

Props to you guys. There was certainly no evidence that Young would ever shake the bust tag, but you stuck to your guns anyway. I guess it was faith, and it panned out. Sometimes faith is enough.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Glad you've realized we were right. Hell, I'm glad I was right. It's been a long year and some days of hard pushing of Vince on people.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Props to you for not nitpicking about this and that in a pathetic attempt to look infallible. :ha:
    Honestly though, I'm not worried about the past Vince haters eating crow. I just wish the fan base as a whole could unite behind our QB who is playing well and leading us to W's. We're winning games guys! Let's enjoy it. Save your criticism for when it's actually deserved.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Thanks but I can't take credit for being right about this.
    All I did was observe and assess. I knew all along that Vince had the talent and capability. His over inflated sense of self-entitlement and immaturity was what was preventing him from succeeding.
    I've always thought that if he were to ever snap out of his funk, he could be great, but it all hinged on that.
    I think Mac9's untimely demise was the straw that broke the camel's back. It kills me that that's what it took for Vince to see the light, but he seemingly did.
    All I did was say that IF he does finally mature, the sky will be the limit for him.

Very true. There was no evidence that he would ever snap out of his 'me-ness'.
    I stuck to my guns because I knew he could be good. I also knew that right after Mac9's death, seeing how Vince handled himself, and around Steve's kids, that moment there gave me the feeling that Vince would be OK.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I would argue that many professionals in the realm of football don't consider the 1940's version of an option play as "opening the book." VY and CJ and our awesome O line are the only reasons why the college option is so effective. I fear that the play will not be effective against quick defenses like the colts or chargers. No other team in the league could run it as effectively as us. Why? Because no one has a QB or a RB nearly as fast as ours.

While I enjoy a W and I'll never complain about that, I still want to wait till the end of the season in regards to my opinions with VY. For example, while his style may be effective, how does he play dinged up? I Is he gonna go out there with a broken sternum and run around like that for first downs?

There are two ways to look at it...

The NFL rules regarding QBs is an advantage for VY...

However, if hes instride and takes a big clean hit, will he get up? While his explosiveness and winning attitude has been proven, the last piece of this is his longevity and physical toughness.

6. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

Glad to hear, it shows that what really matters to you is that the Titans wins, whoever is playing. I won't say that you were wrong by doubting if VY could ever lead this teams to victories all that happened can lead anybody to doubt. Me in my case I preferred to stay behind him because I knew if he took everything that transpire and learned from it, he will come out both a better person and player.

So just hop along that bandwagon 'cause it feels good to win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I think we can run that option just as well on the Chargers and Colts as anyone.
    The option isn't just about speed. It's also about VY being smart with the ball and knowing when to keep it, pitch it or pass it.

Has he ever even taken a big hit in stride? I've never seen anyone close enough to him in stride for them to even lay the Hit Stick on him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

There was one point in Monday's game where he was "downed" by two defenders.

Whom he dragged about 5 feet; got whistled for the down; then practically shook them off like friggin' mosquitoes. Was hilarious.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

<iframe src="http://www.videosurf.com/vembed/98357371" width="478" height="393" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"></iframe><p style="padding: 0px!important; padding-top: 5px!important; margin: 0px!important; font-size: 12px!important; width:478px;"><a href="http://www.videosurf.com/video/titans-qb-vince-young-wins-in-houston-98357371">Watch this video on VideoSurf</a> or see more <a href="http://www.videosurf.com/titans-209524">Titans Videos</a> or <a href="http://www.videosurf.com/monday-night-football-207501">Monday Night Footbal Videos</a></p>

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

im happy that you belivevin him. i understand pppls hesitency to trust him but its good to see this. finally we can end this feud andbecome one fan base. go TITANS! Bring on arizona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar