Lets just say we DO get Turner...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Lets say we DO get Turner. With the addition of Gage and the progress of Givens is our offense going to be mostly set or do you think we still need to go offense (WR) in the first round or pick up a FA wideout? The latest ESPN mock has us taking Ginn Jr. but don't we still have a much larger number of defensive question marks?

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

The offense still could use the addition of another wr, but I still think we should go DE with the 1st pick, IF there is still value there.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Mike and Jeff are smart enough to not take Ginn

I only see us taking a WR in the 1st if it's @ #30
    talent should be heaviest in WR's at the end of the round
    Jarrett / Bowe / Gonzalez / Rice might ALL still be there
    al the DE's / CB's and S's that we truly covet will already be gone
    but I have to admit once Rice is gone, I lose interest fr awhile in WR

if we stay @ 19 (somehow trading for Turner that did not involve any 1st round movement) the field may still contain a Carriker / Anderson / Moss -- Revis / Houston / Ross -- Nelson / Griffin and we should consider taking ANY of these guys before reaching out to a WR

this won't help much, but wideouts like Eric Moulds , Antonio Bryant and David Patten are still available and there's bound to be a flurry of others looking for work in June

we could always wait around for Johnny Lee Higgins - who might possibly make it to day 2

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

regardless if we get turner or not our recieving core is still going to be poor, but our run defense will also be poor, its not a question of what we need, because we need a wr, and a d-line, mlb, fs, cb, most of our needs come from the defensive side of the ball, like puck said, if we swap picks with sandiego, we will definatly go WR because most of the defensive talent will be gone, if we stay at 19 and still get turner thats a great oppurtunity to take carriker, or anderson there, then in the 2nd round possibly get Rice, and in the 3rd round if we have turner it gives us the luxary to go defense there to. but if we dont have him there is still alot of talent at RB in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

5. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

I still think all 1st day picks will be on D.

6. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

But if we get Turner, we are not going to still have pick 19, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd. We will have to give up at least a first day pick for him, if not switching firsts and giving up a pick.

7. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

if we swap 1st with the Chargers...and move to 30,i wouldnt mind picking Justin Harrell at all.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats exactly what we should do. Why do posters keep saying we will have to give up a bunch of picks. Turner is only worth maybe a 2nd round pick based on what RBs have been traded for in the past and besides, he is a RFA this year which means SD has incentive to move him or lose him next year for nothing (they might get some compensation) Swapping 1st rounders is equal to a 2nd round pick so that is ALL I would offer. We still can use ouor #30 pick on Harrell, Johnson or a WR or any other BPA and we still have our 2nd rounder not many picks later. We also can move up in any round if we have our 3rd and 4th round picks. Tell them take it or leave it and offer Turner enough money to come to Tennessee because ultimately they will cut the deal where he agrees to sign.

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

adding Gage wasn't a big deal. we still need a WR.

10. who is justin harrell?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar