let's have a RB poll !

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 3, 2007.

?
  1. Michael Turner

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. Corey Dillon

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. Chris Brown

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Maurice Hicks

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Kevan Barlow

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2 yrs / 5 mil is what was reported (ahem rumored)

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd love it if Corey had just a little gas left in the tank (to go with a little more desire). No doubt that he'd be a great mentor to White.

BUT,..... if the confidence in White is so low that Kevan Barlow's name is thrown into the hat, then I think you need to look beyond training a guy who you don't see in your teams long-term future

and that means selling the farm to get Turner who (imo) is better than any RB that has signed new deals this offseason - YES! I put Turner above guys like JLew / McGahee and even Gore

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

First of all I'd like to start by saying as a Bay area resident KEVAN BARLOW IS AWEFUL! No way is he what this team needs.

Maurice has occasional flashes but is completely inconsistant and would also do little to help this run game.

I think Dillon would likely be the best stop gap BUT I honestly feel this team could be a competitor NOW AND for years to come so adding a guy like Turner to a 5-6 year contract into a three headed running attack with White and Young could go a long way towards that Tennessee Dynasty we all wanna see! Swap firsts and throw in a fourth and we don't have to worry bout the position for years! Swap our third for Djax and spend every and all remaining picks on Defense!

Turner it is.

GO TITANS!!!!!!

4. Actually, if they are talking about Barlow or Hicks, then the confidence in White must still be fairly high. If they had no confidence in him then they wouldn't be out there looking at pure backups, it would be all guys with starting ability (i.e. Turner, Dillon, and Brown).

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sounds good ..... although I'm hoping Jax can be had for a 4th
    I LOOOOVE the idea of filling our offensive holes with vets

focusing on a defensive draft :

DE Carriker
    DT Pittcock
    S/CB Weddle
    would be SWEEET

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I thought about that right as I posted it and decided to say 'screw it', I've been editing enough of my posts lately :ha:

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I want Turner but would that push us out of position to draft a CB. I heard Pac is out the year so my guess is we need another CB. I like Revis personally I haven't seen much on Houston. Revis has been a shutdown CB at Pitt for a couple of years now and has good speed, and size. He can also retrun if needed and was quite effective at it. He is a playmaker and we need that more than ever with Pac out.

If we could still get Revis or Houston at the Chargers pick at 30 then I say grab him but if we miss out on a top CB we could be in trouble. Unless were getting Jamaal Anderson we better get Revis or Houston.

Back to RB's though. If we get Turner and a top CB we should be in good shape but without Pac that hurts. If we can't get a top CB while getting Turner I question if we do it. We coul get Dillon as a stop gap for a year while getting a top CB. We use LW and Dillon and find out what LW s made of and if he's not a good fit we get rid of him and look for a RB next year or look at Turner again.

Obviously Turner + top CB = Best situation. But if that dosn't work out as well I think dillon will be very productive and help this team.

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Michael Turner if and only if a sign & trade deal can be reached. Signing him as a RFA losing a 1st & 3rd is way too much.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I don't think so

worst case scenario, we swap picks with SD
    (and Houston could still be there)

we will not abandon a 1st round pick

If they brought Woodley in for a visit for a reason, then CB could be addressed with Revis or Houston, then DT like a Pittcock and use the 3rd on Woodley

I'm praying for a scenario that trades 19 for 30 and awarding SD the 4th we got for McNair

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, that's the last time I want anyone to suggest that
    it's not gonna happen ... for anybody

I'm sure this isn't your first time looking at Turner speculation
    if it's not, you should know that even AJ Smith realizes that he's not going to get a 1st and a 3rd for Turner

hell, we barely got a 4th for McNair .... and he was only 2 years removed from being LeagueMVP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar