Let's give it to kerry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

We can all say this and that about Kerry Collins as our QB but we have to be honest. He has done well for us. After Kerry was benched, i felt kinda bad for him. He's done well for us here. My only problem with him was the fact that when he came back, he said he wanted to be the starter. He didn't want to compete with Vince which means there was a bit of doubt in his mind that he could win. A real athlete should welcome competition and face it head on. He on the other hand shyed away from it. Vince told the coaching staff that he did not want the job handed to him. He said he wanted to earn it. I don't think that chance would have ever came. I don't think he could have won the job even if he played well in preseason because the competition wasn't there. But it's all in the past. We can all say the flaws Kerry had, but when it's all said and done, he did a great job for us and i'm happy he was able to step us for us. He has probably played his last game in the NFL and hopefully all goes well for him. I think Vince learned a lot from him and hopefully it will show up on Sunday.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, I've been one of Kerry's loudest critics lately but I still appreciate what he's done for us. It's just time for this franchise to move on. It looks like Kerry's time in the NFL is done, at least as a full time starter. I know he's a competitor and doesn't believe that but he simply hasn't been getting it done this season. I really do wish him the best but I'm glad this team is finally looking to the future rather than living in 08.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Can VY run around 10 games and not get hurt? I think Collins will get to play a couple more times for us.

4. tnyou

tnyou Guest

Yeah, thanks Kerry for that playoff win last year.

KFC: Game manager, 4th quarter blower.

Have fun on the bench.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. iQon

iQon Starter

I believe Kerry's record as a starter in Tennessee is 12-15?

Can anyone honestly say he was much of a factor in more than maybe 2 of those games? Last year, he coasted off the strength of Chris Johnson and our defense. He's just not very good in my opinion. Is Vince better? That remains to be seen, but what has been seen is that Kerry is pretty much useless when our defense is. I expect Vince to extend a few of the drives Kerry couldn't living in the pocket.

If anything, I feel sorry for Kerry. It wasn't really his place to come here and give Vince the sideline view of a vet QB, only to get leftovers midway through a winless season. It should have been Steve's job. The FO messed up there and they messed up by letting Kerry demand the starting spot this year before signing. Something he would have lost during the pre-season and maybe having little effect on our season, ironically. :grrr:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I think he was 13-11. The tennessean is counting the first game i guess.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If he wanted he could backup for a few more years somewhere else. I don't think here is the place given he's been stater here twice and benched twice. But he's a reliable backup.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Yeah.... those were his fumbles... oh wait....
    Total BS.

Way to stay classy.:rolleyes:

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

bottom line KFC did not get the job done in the PO game last year

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

lalalala yea yea yea goodbye LAlalalalala yea yea yea Goodbye son your the worst-To kerry Collins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar