Let's get the camps straight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 21, 2006.

?
  1. Volek

28.3%
  2. Fisher

71.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Fisher knows how to get fans tangled in words. Volek knows how to stay cool in a very rough situation. Notice that Fish says that the agent requested a trade last year. Not Volek. Yes, some may argue that there is no difference. But look at the Chris Brown situation back in the summer. I would be asking for a trade also if the FO brought in a vet and gave him a starter's contract after I was named starter. Then, Fish says it was "just a little competition." Yeah, I can see Collins coming in and "competing" for the starter spot and falling to 3rd string @ $2 mill a year if Volek did better. I don't buy that "competition" stuff. They backed Volek into a corner and used his reaction as an excuse to demote him. That is the way I see it. I could be wrong. There was mention that Volek lied to Fish in the interview about "where he was." I don't know anything else about that, but it seems that Volek's performance had nothing to do with him losing the starting job. It would have been different if it had been McNair. Fish would have brushed it off. Oh well, maybe Volek can get to the playoffs this year now. :ha:

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

:beer:
    As evident by that all time intelligent comeback.... "go cry somewhere else".
    Wow! That's impressive. How long did it take to come up with that one!?!?:ha:

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Fisher

From a strategy point of view, the Titans should have brought in Collins from the very beginning for 2 reasons. First, may the best man win. Second, KC would know the offense as a starter or backup.

I don't think Fisher handled the situation poorly. When they signed KC, they brought Volek into his office to explain the situation. Volek should have welcomed the competition perhaps with a comment like...I'll show you why I deserve to be the starting QB.

Instead, we get our current starting QB demanding a trade 10 days before the season starts. Talk about abandoning ship!

And for what? A little competition? And if KC stinks so bad, why did Volek feel a need to get traded if he could outplay KC?

As far as paying KC $2mil to be a backup, how much did SD pay Rivers to be a backup? In reality, the Titans could afford it for a year especially since Volek wasn't making that much.

IMO, Volek handled this poorly. The Titans FO handled the timing of the Collins thing poorly which has left us with Vince Young being the only professional ACTING like a professional! Kudos to him!!!

Gut

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it took about as long as it did for you to post this

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

haha. I wanted to post something like that!

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Gut, you are the man. I normally don't quote big huge long posts, so I won't.

your post = :toast:

That kicks ***. I like that. I will enter it in the post of the day contest. :brow: along with ammo's nailbiter.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

KFC is not the "best man" for the job. ANyone who thought that does not deserve my "support" for all the nothing that means.

Fisher is in charge of course, but it looks like he is wrong, and that he now lies to the press, the team, and the fans about many things.

Volek is the starter, no wait, we mean, we want competition for the QB job, no, make that Billy didn't want to "compete" by having his reps taken away...

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The fault in your argument lies in the assumption that Collins was brought in to compete. I personally don't buy that you bring someone in 2 weeks before the opener to compete, because noway in hell would Collins be able to outperform Volek in 2 weeks.

And as for your reference to Rivers, there's a huge difference between having a young QB as backup while he develops to paying a veteran millions to just hold a clipboard. Remember we already have a multimillion dollar backup.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There should have been a 3rd option, NEITHER.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar