Let's Get Real With Ourselves

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

and Sawdustman you are totally correct. 'the Diva' would be in full crisis mode at this point if he was Titan QB

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Cook was half a man, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He was suppose to pick up the slack left when Kenny Britt went down.

3. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I think VY helped hide how terrible the O-line was. O-line probably wouldn't look as bad...

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

who knows if the deficiencies in the run game aren't party attributed to Matt Hasselbeck's disrespected baby arm.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

his lack of deep ball does allow the fs a few steps towards the LoS, in theory

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

To be fair, you can also find 3 games where Hasselbeck stunk it up this year. Against Houston, Atlanta and TB Hasselbeck was 1-2 47.3 2:5

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I thought we would be an 8-8 team this year. That was with Britt.

I was looking for an improved defense and a capable offense. I didn't expect much more from Hasselbeck than what we got from Collins. Why would you?

I find it interesting that everybody wants to go after Palmer, Munch and now Matthews. Not Grey and Rocker?

Our main objective on defense was stopping the run. Have we done that? Has our defensive line played at a higher level then we could expect this year?

If we are not a playoff team it will be for 2 main reasons. Our inability to run and our inability to stop the run.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cook has put up some nice numbers this year. He has improved his numbers each season here.

9. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Washington maybe and in my mind he's done all he could and more based on the premise that he's and average #2 or a damn good #3 at other franchises where the depth is better than here.

Do you really mean Cook ? You were expecting the half brother of Ben Troupe to assist and carry Britt's load ?? In a week of stretches on this board thats a jasper......

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I didn't like the Palmer hire based on his resume. I guess he has done OK with us having the 17th ranked total offense, but I'm not sold on his ability to get the most out of what we have when it really counts.

I've been critical of Matthews for months now. We have the 31st ranking rushing offense. I've been critical of Munchak only because he doesn't seem to publicly acknowledge the O-line needs improvement and honestly besides the results the team produces, his statements and pressers are the only information that I can assess his performance. I'd settle for some accountability on the O-line. I just don't believe that Velasco or Matthews are much worse than Amano. If they are, then I'd settle for a statement from Munchak stating that the interior O-line needs some real improvement.

I have also been critical of Rocker. We are 23rd against the run. Grey has gone on record stating we need to get bigger on the interior D-line. I agree with that. My only knock with Grey is that the D has been inconsistent, but mostly deficient against the run. I put that on Rocker. Yes- its year one and both of these guys are holding positions for the first year for the first time. (Same as Munch.) So I can cut them some slack with a hope they will be better with time. Palmer and Matthews don't get the same pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar