Lets Draft Leinart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanKid4Life, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

See... that's the kind of comment I don't understand. The stats simply don't support it. Cutler is a better passer, but at this point of their careers he's not substantially better. Or maybe he is and Young is simply a better decision maker, which offsets his throwing abilities.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

They hire Russ Grimm and draft a tackle in the top ten of the draft, and their offensive line still sucks. Wow

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

And if Cutler had 1/10th of Vince's ability, he might be 9-5 as a starter, instead of the mediocrity that has defined his career. THat's why I don't deal in What if's. I deal in absolutes. The Titans are 9-5 with Vince at Qb.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think VY will become one of the leagues premier QB's, but it's not going to happen overnight. As much as some people want to believe he is some sort of superman that immediately steps in and performs miracles never before seen by mankind, he is not.

The Titans are doing everything right for him, he has a good QB coach, he has a good OC designing an offense to fit his strengths, and they're not forcing Vince to do anything unnatural for him.

He will have stellar games mixed in with games like we saw last Sunday. It will take patience for him to get where we all want him to be.
    The good thing is, the Titans are building a TEAM, (both lines, improving secondary, special teams, etc) and that is "The Plan" they are working on, building a team around Vince to where it's not all on his shoulders to win.
    I think it will take 3-5 years to contend for the Superbowl, but they are definitely on the right track.

5. MJTitans

^^^ ditto

And let's look at the numbers - VY threw 18 passes yesterday. 11-18, 0 TD, 1 INT. Cutler threw 18 passes in their 1st half yesterday. 10-18, 0 TD, 1 INT.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Young and Cutler are doing better than Leinart (thanks in large part to talent) but also due to the systems they are in...

Poor Leinart is stuck in Arizona having to avoid getting killed every other play

don't get me wrong though.. Young will be the stud out of the 2006 QB class

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's what I thought when we drafted him. I wanted him, figured he would be great, but not a gamechanger at his position.

Now, after last season, I am a believer. I think when V.Young career is finished he will have redefined the QB position. V.Young is what M. Vick was hyped to be.

:bighomer:

Very well put.

I haven't read it more simply and more accurately. This is the plan. Build a good defense, keep ST in the top of the league, add weapons for Vince.

While the weapons aren't established, the hope of every Titans fans is that a number1 WR and RB of the future are currently on the roster.

I disagree here, I think we are closer. Vince should be prime in years 3-8. That window begins next year and continues at least 5 years before his legs slow down too much. More of the weapons are there than last season, hopefully a few more develop and then a few more will be added.

But I think the franchise's goal this year (obviously every year the goal is SB win but ya know) is at least make the playoffs. The team needs at least one playoff game experience, then would be seriously ready (not just to make an amazing playoff run at a SB) to become a top5 team in the NFL.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

When I say "contend for the Superbowl" I mean have a legit chance at winning. I said in the off season the Titans BETTER at least make the Playoffs this year, and even a Wildcard game on the road would be valuable experience for the team to take it to a higher level next year.
    And then hopefully gain more to where they would seriously be considered a favorite in 3 to 5 years.
    But sooner would be fine with me...

9. MJTitans

Very true... I actually think all 3 will wind up being very successful. That was a pretty unique draft class - it's rare to even have 1 QB really make an impact in the pros, much less 3. But so far all 3 have redefined what to expect from a rookie QB, IMO. Until last year, you just didn't throw rookies in unless you were really in trouble - now it's become en vogue.

10. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

M. Leinart 14/28-----102
    J. Cutler 23/39-----304
    V. Young 11/18-----78

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar