Let the mocking begin...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Alphonso Smith and Darius Butler are my CBs right now. Mike Mickens after that.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Probably until it does happen.

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

We are a team built on defense so I would bet we draft a DE in the first round. We are lacking a little depth there. As much as I would like to see a WR drafted in the first round I wouldn't count on the guys doing it. They have made some pretty good first round choices the last two years so hopefully they can do it again.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Except we play predominantly zone D now.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If we draft a WR it is going to be a pure outside WR not a slot guy or a hybrid WR/RB guy. That means britt or nicks most likely.

Britt is 6'4 215 and has been a big time producer. He runs capable routes, can go high or low to get a ball and runs well after the catch and can block. We don't need a speed back we already have one of those.

Anyone suggesting we should draft yet another RB needs to be beheaded and their head displayed on top of the bell south building. That's just dumb!

I'm not against a CB like the ones mentioned but i would love us to make a serious play for dunta so we can commit towards other needs in the draft. the minute it is announced that dunta and the titans have agreed on a deal all talk of needing a CB ends!

Those demanding we take a Wr in rd one are also off. There will be some good Wrs in rd 2 who they might like just as much.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Nicks is intriguing to me.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um....

Why does it have to be a 'pure' outside guy...and what does that mean? Doesn't Steve Smith play on the outside? All of the top rated WR's are tallenr than Steve Smith and all are also taller than Derrick Mason. So what is your point?

Fisher wants to add playmakers ala Chris Johnson. Any of the top WR's would fill the bill...though Harvin is arguably the most explosive guy we MIGHT be able to get. I think Nicks will be a good player too!

He has somewhat iffy hands. That's not good on a team that runs as much as we do. Our WR's get fewer chances so you'd really prefer a guy with excellent hands.

Is this comment directed at me since I'm a big proponent of Percy Harvin who some see as more RB than WR? I've already explained in other posts how he can be extremely effective from day 1 as both a slot WR and part time rb while he learns how to be a better NFL wr (as all of the NFL prospects will need some learning time).

Why would you wanna pay Dunta Robinson 6-9mil/yr when we don't need his skills. Robinson can play both man and zone...but we play zone 85% of the time. So you're paying a huge price for that 15% where his high caliber man skills (which separates him from other cb's) will come into play. Better to draft a good zone cb who will likely be nearly as effective for a fraction of the cost so we can use that money to better use on the field!

Demanding? I think there are those that are...HOPING...we take a WR in rnd 1. There will be plenty of good players in rnds 1 and 2 for a lot of positions.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar