Let the games begin...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I see your point, but I don't think its a big deal. Division games are six games out of sixteen. That leaves 10 games to do big national games. College football still has good ratings, even though most of the rivalries are local.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Jets / Giants (NY)
    Bengals / Browns (OH)
    Texans / Cowboys (TX)
    Raiders / 49ers (NoCal)
    Jags / Chargers (SoCal)
    Chiefs / Rams (MO)
    Eagles / Steelers (PA)
    Redskins / Ravens (DC)

etc.

I agree with the concept that regionalized groupings are better for fans (for rivalry), logistically speaking it has to be better for the networks and support staff, it seems that fuel costs would drastically reduce

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if San Diego moved up to LA :

[​IMG]

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

indianapolis has never been in the south of any country. put them in the northern division

Also, NY would never allow their teams to play in the same division. It would hurt their chances of making the post season and having 2 teams in the Super Bowl
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there are only 11 teams in the "south"

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Although very interesting, and I'd love to see more of people's interpretation of new divisions, I think these changes are way too radical to even consider realistic.

Too much history and rivalries to move teams away from each other regardless of location.

However, if you can compensate a loss of a major rivalry (Patriots/Jets) with an equal or better one (Colts/Patriots) then I could see you getting away with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar