Lesser-known Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oochymp, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

He might have been in NFL Europe, but last year I think he was a Safety for the Rams. Im positive he played S for them, just not sure when.

And getting Curtis would just be a waste. He is a little better Bobby Wade. We would be dumb to sign him.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I disagree about Kevin Curtis. He's someone I hope we target, for a reasonable price. I'd like to see him as our WR#3 or competing with Wade for it. And he can be a backup KR/PR, which we could end up needing.

My only concern about Curtis is that he seems to play much better on turf. Not sure our crappy field compliments him much, at least, no routes to the middle in the muck.

Curtis stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395944
    Wade stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396109

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

That makes no sense to me for us to go out and get a #3 WR. We dont need another #3, we have plently already. We need to go out and draft a number 1 (Jarrett or Bowe) and thats it. Curtis will never be a #1 WR and we shouldnt go out and waste money on a guy to "push" our #3 wideout.

4. Alex1939

Well, I didn't mean that K.Curtis should be the ONLY WR we should go after... obviously there are several scenario's.

IF we resign Bennett and Wade, then I would be fine with just bringing in K.Curtis as another possible target. Someone else to see if Vince can develop chemistry with.

IF Bennett is gone, we need another threat. Either bringing in a Stallworth or Horn, or drafting a Ginn or Jarrett. IF we lose Wade also, bringing in K.Curtis as a #3 makes good sense to me.

Even if we keep Wade... it would be nice to have Curtis.

Depth Chart WR

WR1 B. Jones
    WR2 D. Bennett or D. Stallworth or J. Horn or Rookie Draft Pick
    WR3 K. Curtis
    WR4 B. Wade

Curtis would be another option for Vince, a guy with speed who has made big plays in his brief career.

But I think the K.Curtis discussion is pretty meaningless anyway. I think he'll go to Detroit and reunite with Martz.

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

:rolleyes: Um, is Givens the #5 or something?:rolleyes:

6. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

No, he was not even that high this past season and there are doubts that he will be playing this season. I hope he plays, but at point he can not be counted on.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he was #1 last season.

8. Alex1939

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the word on Givens was that he wouldn't be back until mid-season.

I figure the Titans have to plan that Givens won't be 100% all season, even when he comes back.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He won't be 100% next season at all. He may not play.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Kevin Curtis will never be a #1 WR but we should draft Ginn???

Explain how Curtis CAN'T develop into a #1 but Ginn can? Curtis has already shown pretty decent hands, route running, and excellent speed as well.

You don't spend money in FA...especially this FA (since everyone will be overpaid respectively) on a 3rd WR.

I don't remember Givens contract stuff, but he's due like a $2mil roster bonus this year (in addition to his pro-rated bonus hit and his salary). If they don't think he'll be able to play much this season...might they cut him?

We DON'T want Horn or anyone else who's either old (unless they are the elite of their position) or wants a ton of money (unless their talent/production is justifiable).

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar