Lesser-known Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oochymp, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Here's a great article that talks about five players due to become free agents this season that nobody's talking about: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10007822/1

Here's a guy I'd be interested in:

Think Reinfeldt might bring him in? :brow:

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Placing me on the roster as Safety would be an upgrade over Lamont, so I'd be all for it.
    And what'd he do? Get smacked with a bar-stool or something? That's an odd injury to end a season on.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Kevin Curtis!!
    him and Drew Bennett could make the white chcolate 1-2 punch

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think hamlin would compliment hope pretty well. from what i saw, hope was our primary blitzer last year, which is not good because he had 0 sacks. i think hope CAN play in the box well, but it is not his forte.

i like hope playing center field with hamlin at the LOS.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Exactly what I was thinking, and it wouldn't really surprise me if Reinfeldt was able to get him to come over, I'm sure as a former safety it's a position he wants covered

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It isn't even certain we are looking to replace Lamont. Nothing has been said and he is still with the team.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dont speak that devil-talk!

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Come on, let us dream :suspect:

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Hope looks more like an in the box S to me. His coverage skills were shoddy at times, but he's still better than what we're used to. He also overpursued some when he got into the backfield (maybe something he never did much?). Maybe just too aggressive.

Still love the pickup, and I was a little skeptical at 1st. But maybe we can continue to make good FA moves from now on, and maybe Grant or Hamlin would be good pickups. Or Gibril Wilson (but I think he's restricted).

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Hope was what allowed Polamalu to free-lance in Pittsburgh, there's no way Polamalu would have been able to run all over the field like he did if he didn't have a good cover safety behind him, his coverage skills may have looked bad because he had to cover Lamont's zone as well as his own ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar