Leshoure set for NFL debut against Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

As if quarterback Matt Stafford, wide receiver Calvin Johnson and tight end Brandon Pettigrew weren’t impressive enough offensive weapons for Detroit, the Lions plan to debut a new addition to their arsenal Sunday against the Titans.

Running back Mikel Leshoure, the team’s second-round pick in 2010, is expected to play his first regular-season game for the Lions. He missed all of the 2011 season after tearing his Achilles tendon, and he sat out the first two games of this year due to marijuana possession in the offseason.

The 6-0, 227-pound Leshoure is expected to see a good bit of action against the Titans.

“We drafted him for a reason,” Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. “We really liked what he did in college. He started off training camp as a rookie really, really well before he tore his Achilles.

“He spent some time being injured in camp this year, had a hamstring injury that he missed a couple (preseason) games with. But when he was on the field, he looked like he always has – like he did in college.”

In 2010, Leshoure’s final season at Illinois, he ran 281 times for 1,697 yards (6 yards per carry average) and 17 touchdowns, while also adding 17 catches for 196 yards and three more touchdowns.

“He’s a productive running back,” Schwartz said. “He can run inside, run outside. But he’s not just a power running back. He’s good in the pass game.

“We’ll get him back in the swing of things this week. And if we think he can contribute, if we think he can help us move the ball and score touchdowns, then he’ll be out there.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

And I will be picking him up and starting him in several leagues.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Rookie debut rushing record??

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Every game the Titans play in has a "first" or "career" stat made for the other team. Something like "for the first time in 20 years a team has thrown for more than 600 yards in a single game to a TE". Speaking of which, I have made sure that I have Pettigrew in the starting lineup on my ff team sunday. Championship!!!

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

This is true, although they can come up with some pretty ridiculous stats sometimes.

"... and for the 1st time in NFL history, a RB with the initials ML making his rookie debut in a week 3 non-conference noon game ran for at least 80 yards but no more than 82 yards, caught passes of 4,5, and 6 yards, and averaged at least 5 ypc while running right on 3rd downs in the 2nd quarter from the shotgun formation ..."

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TouchdownTitans

TouchdownTitans Special Teams Standout

I would pick him up on my team but I dont see where I would play him. Ive already got Arian Foster, CJ Spiller, Demarco Murray, Andre Brown, and Ridley. Lol

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just claimed Andre Brown off waivers! Mad pumped cause I have a bunch of part-time backs who never break 10 points.

9. Stan

Stan Infinite

Well heres to hoping that we don't have another Wille Parker esque debut

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Even when I'm stacked at a position, I pick up these guys anyways just so others in my league can't benefit from them, assuming I have some scrubs to drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar