Lendale's replacement?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Getting ALL-Pro votes isn't exactly easy for a runnning back who is the 2nd string back. Still, I have vivid memories of the days when this team couldn't buy a short yardage rushing TD or short yardage 1st down. LW was very good in his role. Not saying it would be the end of the world if we had to replace him but you have to give him credit for doing his job.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't give credit to anyone that does their job, it's what they're SUPPOSED to do! I'll give him credit for getting off his fat ***** and coming to camp in shape with the ability to make a defender miss, break a tackle and catch a flare pass. Giving someone credit for being born is not my thing, realize the potential with hard work and then we'll talk.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Instead of having a tirade why not look up how many RBs had 15 TDs or more last year. I guess all those guys with less TDs didn't do their job and maybe your tirade should be directed toward them. Gosh..... Take a pill.... calm down....

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm not upset, not raving mad.....I just don't tolerate mediocrity and laziness, just one of my pet peeves. No pills, I want to feel pain, the U.S. is already too medicated as it is.:evil:

Given our Offensive line, and playcalling, i'm not as impressed as some of you are with LenDale's 15 td's. Maybe I'll have to YouTube every game this year to see how impressive it really was for a 248 lb RB to run 1 yd into a crease created by his Offensive Line and score a TD, not breaking any tackles, but just breaking the plane.:rolleyes:

5. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

He's so fat and out of shape, I wonder how he managed to have the longest touchdown for a RB from the line of scrimmage.:bighomer:

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

kansas city defense

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Nobody was within 5 yds at any time to lay a finger on him, great blocking, good cut, TERRIBLE DEFENSE. If he would've had to make one guy miss or break a tackle, safe to say he doesn't score, he would've just absorbed the contact and fallen forward 2 yds.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree with you that it burns be a little when guys have potential to be better but simple laziness keeps them from reaching a higher level. It especially burns me when it is a guy on the Titans. Still, if I'm going to get all bent out of shape I'll vent on a guy like Chris Henry who in that same scenario against the Chief's defense would have plowed into Stewarts back. I at least give LW credit for completing the play and as bad as the Chiefs were on defense no other RB did that to them.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

HaHa, very true SoxCat. But you did just make a comparison to a workout overachiever(CHenry) to a talent laden doughboy(LenDale). Damn, if Chris Henry had LenDale's vision, the Titans would never have to throw the ball.

I swear, I don't know why these guys don't think about it, but what about going to the doctor to get a little Lyposuction? They're obviously too lazy to work out and get in shape, so just write a check for $5,000 and lose 20 lbs to make it easier on your body???? Damn, if I was a doctor, i'd have my Office manager making those calls:)

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I mentioned awhile back if the Titans went RB AGAIN in rnd 1 or 2...this would be the guy. Some may have Brown and McCoy ahead of him on draftboards, but I wouldn't. Both are good players but Greene IS the prototypical power back. I think he'll be a 2nd rnd pick because of his lack of a 40 AND because he's only got one dominant year...but look at him run. He runs with power and HEART!!!

While I wouldn't like the Titans to draft ANOTHER RB in rnd 1 or 2, I would LOVE to have this guy on this team. He could also play from day 1. He's one of the few backs who's actually good at pass protection! And check out his run at 1:47 on the highlight reel. The OC is driven straight into the backfield...he nonchanlantly avoids him and rips off a huge gain!

I wouldn't be crying if we drafted him though I seriously doubt he's there at the end of rnd 2. He's got top 20 ability but not the long speed nor college production. Of course, the speed thing didn't stop them from drafting EG and he ran upright while this guy runs LOW. Reminds me of the Bus but much smaller...the HUMVEE!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar