Lendale's replacement?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

There is A LOT to like about Peerman. However, the FACT that he has very small hands (which makes people nervous he'll be a fumbler), fumbled in the Senior Bowl and has been a bit injury prone does a high draft choice make. As a change of pace back and maybe a kick returner...he'd be a NICE pick in rnd 4. Someone will probably take him in rnd 3.

He's got 2nd rnd talent, but the NFL freaks over hand size - especially for RB's. He could be taken as a COP back and special teamer and turn out to be a very good every down player. Then again, fear will most likely drive him backwards. I like Shonn Greene better, but if he's gone, Peerman's a nice alternative!

One of my best friends went to UVA! AWESOME campus!!!

Gut

2. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

thanks Gut, the hand size is a great point, and while he did fumble a few times in his career it is something that can be worked on (a la tiki barber). But i do agree a 4th round pick would be ideal, but i just don't think he will be there that late, and with his pass catching ability and grit i do think he is a valuable compliment to CJ.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

We'll know whether or not the Titans intend to keep White by how good of a RB they take. A Peerman means we may or may not keep him. We could keep White and run a 3 headed monster at RB. I think if we take a RB in rnd 1 or 2 (yes, I think rnd 1 is a possibility - not likely, but not impossible), White's gone...in which case it makes sense to trade him for whatever they can get...maybe a 4th rnd pick.

Certainly a guy like Peerman would do more for us than Chris Henry has...

Gut

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Enough of Lendale

Let's keep him for this season since he won't cost that much, use him up and let him hit the road. I am sick of this guy promising every offseason that he will come back in the best shape ever only to show up fat as usual.

His fat @ss doesn't back up that fat mouth of his. Now if he was a beast like he thinks he is, that would be a different story, but he's not.

Shonn Greene looks like a nice back, just not sure where is s good spot to take him at. If we take a RB as early as round 1 or 2, then Lendale is as good as gone.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's more of what I'd expect, too. Wait until next year. This will show just how aggressive they feel they need to be to keep the corps competitive.

However, if there was a talent gap in the third, I could see them taking a RB such as Johnson, or Jennings. Geesh, I hope we don't take Jennings in two (unless we had some extra non-compensatory picks).

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

3rd perhaps, then? :lol:

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The 'easy' play is to keep White, let him play this season and then let him walk. In terms of comp picks, this should net us something next season. However, if our time comes up and we know we're gonna take Shonn Greene for example, they should be calling any team they know or think has interest in White...perhaps Detroit or Denver or the Giants. Greene would then be our #2 back this year and getting a 4th rnd pick for instance this year, gives you more firepower to trade up in rnd 2 or another pick in rnd 3...a player who would groom this year and play next...as opposed to getting a guy next year who probably can't play til that following season. If we can't do better than a solid 4th...it's not worth trading him unless we want the extra cap room - in which case we could package him with picks or picks and players.

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't think we'd trade White because we draft an Ian Johnson. I don't think he's viewed as a starting caliber RB or he'd have a much higher grade. Greene IS seen as a good starting RB...so that's a big difference.

9. TitansCollector

TitansCollector #9 GBNF

Lendale has been a pretty solid player for us. Especially on 3rd down and goal line situations. I dont care if he shows up in camp looking like fat albert as long as he is conditioned and in shape by the start of the season. We know he isnt going to be the starter unless CJ gets hurt, and he proved last year he can turn it up a notch when he wants to. I think this year he has even more reason to perform. Either for free agency, or a new contract here. And if he really does come into camp this year 15-20 lbs lighter we may have more of a threatat RB than we did last year. Just remember we could be setting on an injury prone Chris Brown, or Henrey as our only options as backups/rotation backs. When you think of it this way I believe everyone will apritiate what he contributes a little bit more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar