LenDale White

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

^^^ Thats right, he was almost inelgible this year for his grades. He may come out.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If White is pretty sure he can go in the top 15 or so (about #15 to Philly is a good possibility unless Philly goes WR) he would be stupid not to come out. Why risk injury? If it looks like he will last to the later first round range it becomes a little harder decision because with a real good year at USC he could improve his draft status next year. Still, RBs only have a limited number of years they can play and bigger power runners have an even shorter career as a rule.

3. Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson Camp Fodder

he is good, but in my case they won't grab him, he has been to good for no one to grab him.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I heard about the grades, too. Makes me think he could leave early. And he will do well in the Rose Bowl, I think, so that'll be in the "leave" column, too.

With the focus on Bush and then DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney, I think people will sleep on White for a minute. These three are more flashy, but if the Titans want to have that ball-control factor running back, with big play-making ability, plus the bonus of having played with Chow, and with more actual time than Bush, I think White is a sneaky but very smart choice for this organization. Not really a reach when think about it. And yes, I'd say he's faster than Eddie. So our 3rd down conversion % goes up, red zone production goes up, and he's still a fresh workhorse. I'd say keep Brown or Henry, your pick.

I mean, I kind of lean to a defensive player, like Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk, and also wonder if D'Brickashaw fell to us because of something stupid Houston did, or which QB might we have a chance to take - Leinhart - or Cutler/Jacobs/Young? I dunno, White ain't a bad choice. You know all the best RBs are gone by round two.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

So if we took him, we could do one of two things: 1) Cut Brown or Henry, and split carries with the remaining RB and White, and let Payton or Nash be the third down back. 2) Keep Brown and Henry and White for one year, then after the season cut Brown or Henry; Brown's contract is up and White could backup Henry and start by his 3rd season. Something like that.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Brown is going no where any time soon, at least not until his contract is up, then we'll see what we plan on doing with him. Henry will be here, too. With the holes we have, taking a RB would be stupid, unless it's Bush. Right now, the only players that would be on our board: (listed in order of value)

Bush
    Young(if he comes out)
    Leinhart
    Ferguson
    Mario Williams(if KVB is gone)
    AJ Hawk

You would have to think that QB is preety high on our list, if we can't come up with Leinhart or Young, then we're looking at Best Player Available, LB, S. Since there's no LB or S worth taking as high as we'll be picking, I think we'll trade out - if possible.

EDIT: It's a shame Ahmad Brooks suffered the kind of injuries he did this season. He would've been great to nab and fulfill a need. IMO, he would've been the only LB worthy of a top 10 pick.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

we need a RB that has the ability to get us the short yardage. Brown does not have that ability and Henry certainly hasn't earned his option bonus. In last years draft if one of the top 3 RBs had fallen to us at #6 we would have taken them. In the 4th rnd Reese thought he would have one fall to him, but they didn't. He knew that we couldn't count on Brown as our full time RB so he went and got Henry. I think we are going to be in the same situation heading into this off season. We are going to be looking for a guy to push Brown for the starting spot and to be a solid #2. That guy very well could come from the draft and could come in the 1st or 2nd depending on value.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I see no way we take a RB in the first or second. We have way too many needs at other positions and except for Bush I don't see a RB that will improve our team worthy of that early of a pick. L. White may only be the 4th best RB in the draft this year and he certainly wouldn't be any kind of answer at all if we don't shore up the OL.
    I still say we seriously consider keeping Henry. If Henry agrees to a lower bonus to stay all the better considering his market value can't be real high right now and even at his current deal he is not expensive. For the money Henry might be a real value and could easily be as good as one of these guys we would have a shot at drafting (even in the 1st or 2nd rounds). If we did take a RB in the first two rounds we would be letting Henry go and we would have nothing to show for losing a 3rd round pick. Our best scenario is to keep Henry and evaluate Brown's contract demands after next year. Then even if we lose Brown we still have Henry through 2009. I bet if we improved our OL Brown and Henry would improve dramatically.

9. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

About Henry....If I'm the Titans, I make him the exact same offer he had this year--$1 million for next year with the $3-million-plus option the next year. A do over, in other words, since drugs and injuries made this season pretty much a waste as far as Henry earning the new contract. I really think that would be fair to both sides, and if Henry insists on getting the option bonus this year, let him walk. I still think he can play, though.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I like that idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar