LenDale White to sit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I just hope Lendale learned his lesson. Next time he gets upset at a teammate, he should just take his helmet off and swing it at him while his back is turned.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If someone spit on him first, I wouldn't blame him for doing just that.

3. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Nickey didn't swing his helmet at him when he was spit on, he did it after the next play after cheap shotting White. I'm actually not defending White, I just think Nickey deserves the same punishment. His actions could have hurt more than just someone's pride.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

oh , he'll get his .... in the form of his release

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

GET OVER IT PEOPLE! **** happens! We need him on the field. These are big boys....take away his b-day, but let him get some reps in. He needs it, we as fans need it, the TENNESSEE TITANS NEED IT! I'm sure he regrets what he did. DROP IT, MOVE ON, lets try to shock some teams this year!

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

wow, that just shows me that when it comes to the Titans winning isn't #1 on your mind- this is a FOOTBALL TEAM, PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, THE POINT IS TO WIN, OR YOUR TEAM IS NOT SUCCESSFUL- sure the sports arena could have more role models but that is not its purpose and yes kids are more persuaded by athletes but the #1 goal of the team is to win, players are people and some people are the best role models, now there are some role models kids can look for other- you just told me you rather not win the Super Bowl because you rather have a Boys Scout Team- if someone asked me who would I rather have Randy Moss or Drew Bennett- give Moss everytime, no sweat....

7. Hoffa

I know how it went down, I read the article.

It's hot every year at camp. There are fights every year at camp. But never at camp have we had one player spit on a teammate. That crossed the line.

This has nothing to do with role models. Or child rearing practices or church. LW stepped over the line and violated the teams code of ethics. That should bring punishment, or else you have no disipline, like last year, and you have a season like last year.

He sits one preseason game. He (and the team) gets a message. His career will not be over because of it. The Titans season will not go down the drain because of it. The future of the franchise is not threatened because of it.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I want you to play football 2-3 hours a practice twice a day in 110 degree heat, I want you to constantly be getting hit, sometimes falling to the ground, while you are tired, dizzy, and bruised, also while wearing 20lb pads on top of that- Im doing it five days a week- do that and come back telling me that everyone or just you is happy go lucky, you get angry sometimes especially in the conditions and you let your anger get the best of you, Big Al gets in fights all the time, I guess nothing is wrong with that huh, we don't even know the full story with LenDale, sure spitting is wrong, but I say we fine him have a talk with him and let him play, he'll be alright, its not an excuse, but we shouldn't shorten the growth of the player or team this season for something like this

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

agreed

10. Hoffa

They all do that every year, but LW is the only one to have spit on a teammate.
    It's not about fighting, that happens every camp.
    The team has a code of ethics, LW violated it, and Fisher has to set the punishment he thinks it deserves. I trust Fisher's judgemnent in this situation better than any poster here.

LW career WILL NOT be in jeporady because he sits tonights. His hammy probably needs the rest anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar