LenDale White to sit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Exactly. The only one being punished here are the fans who REALLY want to see him on the field tearin' it up. He gets paid whether he sits or plays right?! Figure out a different way to punish him and get his big *** self on the field so we can see what he can do.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Sitting him out a game probably hurts him more than anything else. He was looking forward to seeing action in his very 1st NFL game.

someone mentioned what if the DB had been Jones instead of Nickey. It wouldn't have mattered to me. I am not a Jones fan but he would have had every right to go after White just like Nickey did. Yeah a shocker I would have defended Jones this time :)

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

No one knows th whole story, but hopefully Fish does (that is if he's sitting for the spitting). If Lendale's in the wrong, and spitting in someone's face has always been very wrong from where I come from, then sitting him is the right thing IMO.

I do wonder if Nickey deserves any punishment. I guess getting cut will be it :banned:

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

considering Fisher apologized to Nickey for blaming him first, there will be no punishment

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Sitting LW for one preseason games seems fit.

It's not going to sideline his career to miss one preseason game.

Fisher cannot allow a rookie to disrupt the teams chemistry, like last year. He said zero tolerance for crap like that, and that's what he has to do to keep some kind of order.

The issue of paying fans wanting to see what they paid for is another issue. We shouldn't have to pay regular season prices for preseason anyway, since starters don't play but a fraction of the game.

And it doesn't matter who the reciptiant of the spit was, there would be the same reaction.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i wouldn'[t mind seeing Jeff pull a u-turn in the 4th qtr and send him in

sit him throughout the higlight timeframe and put him in against the 3rd/4th/already-cut teams

make hijm sweat it out a little, then throw him a bone

we'll see if he dresses or not - if he does there's a chance he'll get some reps

7. I agree with you Hoffa in way. He needs to be punished for what he did but like other people said on this forum, Is nickey innocent in this. If spitting is the only bad thing done here, Then I don't think white needs to be benched. There has been way more drama than this in the NFL in the past. BUT..... if it leads to something more drastic than spitting, then yes, bench him or turn him lose because we DEFINETLY DO NOT NEED THIS KIND OF CRAP ON A TEAM TRYING TO BUILD A CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH OTHER. To me, that was one of the things that hurt us bad last year. No one seemed to care.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think the thing that shocked me most about this story was that Donnie Nickey is still on the team. :lol:

Anybody who has ever played football here in Tennessee knows this is the absolute truth. It has been hotter than **** these last two weeks. I think it would be ridiculous to suspend White for more than one game. He needs to get his reps so he'll be ready to play come September.

9. bubba titan

bubba titan Camp Fodder

For whatever it is worth, I've been told by two reliable sources that Pac and Lendale were rountinely out past curfew at camp in Clarksville. These were the only two that presented any problems with curfew. In fact, I am somewhat surprised that this information never made it to the press.

The Tennessean is reporting that Lendale may sit out tonight's game.

Fisher's job is on the line this year. He needs to get control from the beginning. If it means sitting Lendale for this game, then so be it. Yeah, I wanted to see him, but Fisher has got to get the players' attention.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am sure Thunder wants to show lightning what he can do in the NFL. One game and no one sits next to him on the bench just leave him there alone and let him brew on it. He can come in second team in the next game. He should learn his lesson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar