LenDale White to sit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LW shoulda just reminded him about job security.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Did the report specifically say it was because of the spitting, an injury or that he wasn't ready?

Personally, I don't like the idea that I am paying regular season prices to watch a glorified scrimmage and won't get to see our second-round pick because of a discipline issue if that is the case.

Fisher should fine him and make him run until he's puking stuff he ate last Thanksgiving but don't punish the fans by not allowing him to play.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah those of us who resort to illegal TV watching want to see everyone.

4. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

All they said was that they have just learned that White will not play saturday night, didnt give any reason. I just figured it was for spitting. I agree with you on the ticket price for a preseason game but disagree he should play. If it were up to me he would do all the things you mentioned plus sit for about 3 games.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think one game will suffice. I think any more than that does the team a disservice. This is the sort of thing you want to deal with and get behind you, thus the theme of my posts on the subject... move on. I agree with Jeff about the preseason ticket thing but ultimately this is Jeff Fisher's call. twoseven, do you remember last year how far behind everyone said Pacman Jones was for his holdout and lack of training camp and preseason action? Is that what you want for LenDale? You want his whole learning curve thrown off completely? Rookie running backs can contribute early in the season. If the Titans are going to have any shot at all to win 10 games they must get a fast start. Also, punishment that runs the course of a month and has reprecussions that carry over into the season make the whole incident bigger than it should be. Every Titan should IMO be doing their best to forget about it.

Make Lendale run 10k at dawn everymorning for a week. (6 am)

that is a fine punishment.

6. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

If you think we are going to win 10 games this year your dreaming. I could care less about his learning curve but if i did care it would start with spitting on team members.
    What i dont get is that i cant find anything about him not playing on the internet. I wonder if News 2 is correct about this.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

this is football man, spitting aint the worse thing in the world, and if you think that sitting out a young prominsing RB for four games is good for us and our future than its good that you aren't a coach, I personally think that he shouldn't be sitting out for this game- they should have just fined him, and Nickey had to do something for him to spit on him, and think of the people, fans, and media who have been anticapating this, if true I am shocked by Fisher- I think if Fisher did this at the last minute like it is after just saying yesterday that each of our RB's will get a quarter each than he made a bad move

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

No, I don't think we are going to have that much success but that is immaterial to the issue at hand. These guys have to go out there and play like they have the potential to go to the post season regardless of the odds. You should care about his learning curve because learning is the cornerstone of discipline. Making the dude sit the entire preseason will derail his budding career which hasn't even had a chance to take off yet. What he did was wrong, don't misunderstand me on that. Spitting is not cool but I don't know if you are recognizing that punishing a guy over a course of a month, during a formative period only protracts the situation. Have you thought about what that might do to the remainder of White's camp? When he knows he will not play his incentive to kick *** goes down. It drags down the whole team.

He will likely play tonight anyways. This story reeks of manufacture.

9. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I guess we just dont think alike, I would rather have a team with morals. Good role models for kids and so on......... and maybe not win as many games. and you dont care what kind of people we have on the team as long as we win. as far as the story goes i didnt manufacture it, news 2 said it last night.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's a football team, not a church group. Sports aim to win, not babysit the entire american childhood rearing process

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar