LenDale White to sit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yes, I am familar with the players involved.
    My point remains the same.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But don't you think breaking the law should also be dealt with by Fisher and co.?

3. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I also believe it's absolute crap that one player sits and the others don't, not just Finnegan for breaking the law, but also Nickey for attempting to strike someone with a weapon (his helmet turns into one once he swings it). It's a bad message to send in the NFL if you just say, "Heck you broke the law no problem, see you after you bail out and make it to the game."

4. Hoffa

No

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

so breaking the law is not worthy of a suspension of atleast a game, but spitting is?

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

did he play Sat night...Nope he didn't guess that was it

7. Hoffa

Yea,
    I'm through with this thread.

:)

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Nickey doesn't exactly have special Reynaldology passover blood to dap on his locker to keep the Angel of Roster from cutting him and rendering his career essentially dead, if only to be resurrected by the waiver wire. Plus he got spat at and I'm sure that's enough to get ticked at in the heat. It's not right but I'm just saying it might have something to do with him being a candidate for a cut so they want to be sure to get him some work.

Plus there might have been a risk angle. You are taking less of a chance by sitting LenDale. (more time to heal as well) Plus that just might be some horrible karma for him to go out there just after spittin on folks.

Most of all he just couldn't not do something about it because that would look weak, and that is the last thing Fisher needs. If he just "loses" the team again, he might be gone. I don't think that means that it's an automatic if we only win, say 5-6 games this year.

About the DUI stuff. I'm sure most folks that get 1 or two dui don't lose their jobs over it. He might be able to afford it real good but if it gets to that point they will revoke his licence or something. I don't know but I think the NFL shouldn't pass over the line of letting these guys be private citizens.

9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

1. Spit doesn't break bones like a helmet would, both should be sitting if one is because they both lost control completely. Both are horrible displays of how a football player should act, although it does happen all the time. Can't favor one over the other.
    2. Playing rookies for NFL experience is what pre-season is for, but yes if he's hurt keep him out.
    3. Weakness would be making a spitter sit and a Romo-style helmet swing is acceptable. Consitancy is strength.
    4. I understand about the DUI stuff, but these aren't private citizens. I know that a lot of people in the public eye would get fired or have some kind of action taken if they were caught DUI, and generally breaking the law. Where I work if you do something to bring a high level of attention to yourself, even outside of work, you will be fired. Granted it's not like a DUI single occurance but spousal abuse caused someone here at our office thier job...

I don't think it was wrong to hold out White, just unfair to him to watch the person he got into a fight with out there playing.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Not a chance.

If that's the case, they'd be pulling guys of the street to play pre-season games because TC fights go on every day.

But, spitting on another players is just disrespectful. And, is worthy of suspension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar