LenDale White signs tender with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

think about this: what does lendale white do that javon ringer can't do?

it's not like white is a valuable receiver out of the backfield, in fact he's a liability. he's average is pass protection. he carries the ball pretty loosely.

his claim to fame is is an 1,100 yard season when he averaged 3.5 YPC and scoring 14 touchdowns from 3 yards out.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, true. I'm sure the Chiefs don't regret running Larry Johnson in to the ground when he was a "beast", either.

And CC- I've always been pretty hard on Lendale. He's not really that great to me, but he would have made for perfect trade-bait had we done it correctly- plus he's good in short yardage situations while CJ needs to split carries with someone.
    And who knows how much better he would have been since getting in shape. Wish we could have seen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And Ringer's staggering 8 carries last regular season (7 of which averaged 2.3 yards) leads you to believe he's much better than White?

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Someone asked "Why do we need White when we have Johnson getting the the carries"? Do you honestly need a explanation for that? It's like having a Ferrari and a Honda. Will you drive the Ferrari everywhere you go, or will you drive it to make a statement? Well, i would hope you wouldn't drive it everywhere you went, because you increase the risk of wrecking your prized possession. That's what the Honda is for :)

Also, if he stays i won't complain, because we do have a new RB coach that did wonders in Jacksonville. Not comparing Lendale White and Maurice Jones Drew, but maybe, just maybe he can revive White if given the chance.

5. savage99ss

savage99ss Starter

I soooooo agree with the above. We are going to drive CJ into an early grave. A car can only be driven so hard for so long until something breaks.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We NEVER get the trade-bait stuff right.

I still think we should've suckered some team and got more for Volek, but we had to paint him a whiny malcontent.

There is probably an obvious answer, but who is the last player we traded FOR, I can't think of it? Can think of plenty we traded away for peanuts.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

When CJ exploded we all knew Lendale's days here were numbered. He's a solid back, nothing spectacular but good enough to have a featured spot on a number of teams out there. I agree with Gloat on this one - Fisher made it pretty clear that LW was in his dog house last year... for a guy who's clearly trade-bait that's a dumb move. Especially in a league moving toward a 2 back system everywhere. LW is a #1 on many teams and a great #2 on the rest.

There should be a good market for him, and you can't tell me a team needing to rebuild a defense with no 2nd round pick shouldn't be able to unload a solid RB with a 2nd round tender. Fisher made it more difficult than it should have been. And I'm not usually a Fisher basher, btw...

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

trade him on draft day..we can always use some draft picks

9. pettso

pettso Starter

I honestly think LW did pretty well with the carries he was given last year, and he showed a lot of effort when it came to slimming down before the season so teams may look at that in a positive light. I don't think he's untradeable, but I really don't see anyone giving up a 2nd round pick for him.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

In Lendale's defense, he's money inside the 5. There were a lot of times last year when we gave CJ the ball inside the 5 and he couldn't punch it in because he just doesn't have the same power Lendale has. Those are the situation's he's great at. His first 2 years he had 14 TD's, and 15 TD's (led the league) because he was great at punching it in. Don't underestimate how important that can be in a game. If we had stuck with this same approach last year, he could have had a descent number of TD's and raised his stock.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar