Lendale White on BDSSP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

2 fumbles all season, including the Ravens game in the playoffs

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Eddie also asked the guys if they could would they rather be alone in the backfield and not share the carries with another player, saying something like " If you could get 30 carries a game by yourself would you be up for it?". Lendale was kind of blown away as was DeAngelo both basically saying that it would be too much for their bodies and they are more than happy to split the carries, lengthening their pro careers. They all gave Lendale credit saying he did it in the 07 season but even he said he had Brown and Henry to help out.

After all of them said they would rather split carries EG called them all out saying they were lying and being politically correct. EG was saying that no running back has that mentality. He gave an example of his own career saying he had at least 30 carries for like 7 years straight. He put them in their place.

Did anyone else see this show? Or am I alone here?

They all also said that contrary to what some people think LW has lost quite a bit of weight. (Williams asked if they had a clip of the old Lendale's gut)

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and it only took the titans spending a first round pick on another back for it to happen!

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Eddie has always been verbal about Lendale's weight. Eddie has the whole EGX company, which promotes a healthy lifestyle. I recall overhearing a conversation between Eddie and Lendale where Eddie said, "you look like you like to eat." One of his teammates joked that when Lendale was old and told people that he used to be an NFL running back, nobody would believe him because of the way his body looked.

You can't compare Bettis to Lendale. I saw Bettis at the Titans-Steelers game and I jumped all over him (apologies Dear, but you know I had a crush on Bettis). So anyway, he is a big guy, but there wasn't any fat on him. I hugged on him and saw him in his suit. His shirt was tucked in, with a belt and there was no muffin top. I saw Bettis later that night at Lendale's birthday party and his build is different than Lendale's.

Lendale is built like a woman (sorry Lendale). It's like he's got hormone problems. It would take working out at least 2 hours EVERY day to sculpt Lendale's body and he would still look funny. This guy has knock knees. In a conversation with the former running backs coach, Sherman Smith, we joked/talked about Lendale's weight. Sherman encouraged Lendale to use Eddie as a goal/motivation. I said, Eddie was a hard guy to emulate, bodywise. That's like telling me to use Beyonce as a muse for my workouts. So anyway, Sherman said, "he has the same job as Eddie!"

I would be very proud of Lendale if he did take Eddie up on his offer and worked hard to get lean. However, knowing Lendale, we'll be lucky to see him drop 10lbs.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Then you're out of your mind.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If you're on your feet long enough to score 15 TD's, you're on your feet long enough to fumble. Don't act like only having 2 fumbles is the result of something bad, that's silly. I just don't think Lendale is as valuable as 15 TD's would insinuate, but not fumbling the ball is probably the strongest aspect of his game. You get hit hard and often when you're the third and short/ goal line back, everyone knows who's getting the ball. 2 fumbles in 17 games is outstanding for anyone, let alone a predictable ball carrier (short yardage, up the middle) like Lendale

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LenDale and CJ were swagger-jacked :ha:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/91V-N1LgALg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91V-N1LgALg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Looks like White's offseason workout includes lugging around a huge medallion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Nevermind - double post

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Hehe. That reminds me of a website out there; Top ten reasons you might be a douche bag.
    Among, popped collars, orange spray tans, and highlighted spiked hair, bling/gold chains were one of the reasons one might be a douche bag.

That said, I gots nothing against LW. Just sayin'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar