Lendale says Titans missed playoffs because they didn't play him enough

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaSTEVE37

NinjaSTEVE37 Camp Fodder

Don't get me wrong, I like lendale... he handled his extremely diminshed role in TEN very well last year. But now that he's in SEA he's going to try and say him sitting the bench is the reason going 8-8 as opposed to 13-3 the following year?? He's crazy, he is a slightly above average back at best and cannot bring anything to the table CJ can't. He should just be happy he's getting a better shot for playing time in SEA and just keep quite and professional like he did all of 09.

and as far as our 0-6 start, 8-8 finish goes.... try a awful start for KC, poor pass rush, shotty secondary play/injuries, and a new DEF COORD trying to find his groove... not lendale sitting the bench, I like you bro but Im going to have to completely disagree with you here Mr White

2. munie

munie Starter

[​IMG]
    sorry had to put it up lol

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

shut up.

Sep 10 TEN 10 @ PIT 13
    Sep 20 HOU 34 @ TEN 31
    Sep 27 TEN 17 @ NYJ 24

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

We all know you give hate to CJ alot for some reason but now you're honestly trying to compare Lendale's "GONNA FALL FORWARD!" style to CJ's style of actually being productive?

Seriously?

I liked Lendale to a certain extent and even I gotta call bs on this.

You have a small argument that he hesitates for the hole ALOT and is sometimes overly patient but still......

Seriously?

What we need is a 2nd and long and 3rd down back that can take more hits and move the chains more consistently to back CJ up; CJ is like a prized horse....its good that he's tryin to go for the homer and keep from gettin crushed beneath 6 defenders at the scrim line IMO. We just need to find a real #2 back to pick up the other end of a RBs role.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The one thing I like about White is he rarely took a loss. On third and one or a goal line situation where the goal isn't to bust a long carry, he usually got the job done.

I did question Fisher not using him in those kinds of situations last season but we can't know if the results would have been any better.

6. savage99ss

savage99ss Starter

Well said!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Johnson, despite his production should be used more sparingly and White should be utilized more. I really don't like hearing LenDale address this in the media. He should address it at the training table, the weight room, and the practice field. I don't especially care for the mouth... although, don't even get me started on CJ. I'd like to see LenDale feed CJ some humble pie. As good as CJ is, I'm not sure he is even one half as good as he thinks he is. His arrogance doesn't sit well with me nor does LenDale's apparent jealousy. I want to see a fierce competition in camp. I'd like to see 60/40 carry split and add to that, I don't want defenses to be able to read what Tennessee is doing situationally based on personnel. That means that both these guys need to be able to run inside, outside, screen, block... hell, even split out. I love dummy motions that set the table for misdirection/weak side stuff... 1 on 1 is all you need.. I'm ready for some football!

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you are into footballoutsiders.com, they have a ranking system based on the goal of a particular play. For example, it's third and one and the RB picks up two, that's worth a certain number of points. If the RB loses a yard, just the opposite.

You can read the criteria here: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#dyar

CJ had a 45% success rate in 2009. White was 54% in 2008.

Draw your own conclusions.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

You know Lendale is with Seattle now right lol

And for the person that posted the Time of Possession, Our defense was much worse in 09 than 08 so we would have had much more TOP if we actually had a defense that could stop drives too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LOL at most of you here for hating on LenDale speak some truth. ALL if not most of last season I was pushing for LenDale to get more touches, and he didn't. And we missed the playoffs partially because of it. After the game you all want to look at the stats and see where we were weak at. But you can't do that and get much out of it other than a nice discussion. As the game goes on series by series you have to adjust to the atmosphere. Whether that's the crowd noise, the weather, the firmness of the field. You use what you can to your advantage, but during that 0-6 slide we didn't. During the 6 game losing streak the team went out and did what was written up the night before. By giving LenDale more touches we would have lifted the burden from defense and put the game on the offense. Now all along during that Collins experiment I wanted him gone because he couldn't handle carrying the offense, but he could only if LenDale was featured more. 2008 Collins good LenDale good, 2009 Collins bad LenDale bad.

I'll use a game I attended and can speak on from an atmosphere stand point for an example. After the first series in the Jets game, NYJ went up 7-0 without any trouble. Down 7 points you don't adjust anything. But down 14-0 you do, because the life of the Titans was sucked out. The TD that set us back 2 TD's was seen coming a mile away. I was sitting next to Mike Greenberg of "Mike and Mike" and his father was pointing out how that play would end. It ended just as he thought, a play action fake to the TE. I knew too, I saw two lineman eligible to get the ball, and had that feeling it would go to the one guy who does catch, the TE. Then we finally see the ball. When we went out on our first series C.J. ran for -2-yards because of the front seven as well as a wet field. The next time we saw the ball we were still down 14 points, and C.J.'s style of game had been eliminated from play. He didn't get one look and we punted. After this is when Fisher wisely pulled C.J. and gave LenDale some looks. Guess what; LenDale carried the ball five straight times and scores. OMG you mean LenDale was able to move the chains when C.J. couldn't?!?!? But how, he's fat and no one on gotitans likes him.

The man is a very good RB like it or not. The story ends here because there's no need to carry on. LenDale should have had more opportunities, and if he did we may not have been drafting in the top half of the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar